My dog, Bear, lays next to me every time I sit down to write posts for the site. He is my faithful companion and it would feel weird writing anything if he wasn’t there. Well, the other day Bear told me he wanted to contribute to the site. At least that is what I thought he said because some times he stutters when he barks and I get things messed up.
Bears has compiled a list of his favorite songs. I hope you enjoy them.
- “Hair of the Dog” by Nazareth (1975): My mom was a bitch!!
- “Black Dog” by Led Zeppelin (1971): Okay, I am brown dog (red merle actually), but still a bad ass song.
- “Diamond Dogs” by David Bowie (1974): Diamonds are a dog’s best friend too, especially around the collar.
Continue reading “Bear’s Favorite Songs”
Another Friday and another week of some great releases. There are some re-issues and so old bands back with new singers and some newer bands as well. Hopefully there is something for you. The two that really peak my interests are highlighted in Blue as usual. Leave me a comment on what interests you this week…if anything. Also, let me know if I am missing anything as that is usually the case. Happy Friday!!
- Stone Temple Pilots – Stone Temple Pilots – (Play Pen Music): The boys in STP are back and with a new lead singer, Jeff Gutt. The three songs I have heard are great and I am looking forward to the rest. Jeff sounds a little like the late, great Scott Weilan, but he also has his own sound and style. The old STP sound is there as well so hopefully the have their groove back and we will see some great things from them. Give it a try…if for no other reason than my brother-in-law was involved with recording the album. That makes it worth it right there alone!!
- Dorothy – 28 Days in the Valley – (Roc Nation Records): A new band on the scene is Dorothy. The band really delivers some great, heavy, old school blues rock & roll. The lead singer, Dorothy Martin, is a powerhouse and force to be reckoned with. Her searing vocals exploded on the scene with “Raise a Little Hell” and can’t wait to hear what she has to offer this time around.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 16th”
Another Friday has arrived and as school starts to wind down for some and Summer is coming, there are a bunch of new albums for you to choose from. Anything strike your fancy??? There are a few for me and they are highlighted in Blue. There are more I want to hear, but these three are the ones I will attack first. Enjoy!
- Linkin Park – One More Light – (Warner Bros): Their new song “Heavy” is doing well on the charts and features Kilara. My kids love this song and it doesn’t sound like the Linkin Park of old. I am interested in seeing what the rest has to offer. I haven’t been thrilled with their current releases and hoping for some return to greatness with this one.
- Papa Roach – Crooked Teeth – (Eleven Seven Music): Big fan of Papa Roach and so glad they are back with some more hard rock. The Deluxe Edition of this gives you a live concert from The Fillmore in Detroit. That means the Deluxe is a must grab for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 19th”
I have been waiting for this Friday since I found out Needtobreathe was releasing a new album. That pretty much means I don’t give a rat’s ass about anything else coming out today. There are some I will check out after several days of listening to ‘Hard Love’. Those will be highlighted in Blue.
- Needtobreathe – Hard Love – (Atlantic): Nothing else matters. This is the release to check out. They have been one of my favorite, if not my favorite, band over the last decade. “Happiness” is classic Needtobreathe so I have high expectations this release.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 15th”
I will be honest, I am not a big drinker. Doesn’t mean I won’t drink. I choose not too most of the time as I never got a taste for it; however, Mondays make me want to drink. Since I do love alcohol related songs, I figured this Monday needs a playlist of booze drinking songs. There are so many which makes it hard to choose the best ones.
Here is my list of booze related songs that will hopefully help me make it through Monday.
Emphatic – “Put Down the Drink” from the album Damage
Hellyeah – “Alcohaulin’ Ass” from the album Hellyeah
Continue reading “Drinking Booze – Playlist”