This is a very quiet week for new releases. Only one new one that I am eager to hear, Leeland’s ‘Invisible’. There are 2 greatest hits that you should check out if you don’t have all their stuff already – Dio and Dragonforce. Outside of that, not real excited about the others.
- Leeland – Invisible – (Provident) – It has been about 5 years since their last album. The band’s line-up has changed significantly and only 2 members left. If you like Christian music, they are worth giving a listen.
- Dragonforce – Killer Elite – (Spinefarm) – I became familiar with them due to either Rock Band or Guitar Hero, I can’t remember which one. The song “Through the Fire and Flames” was featured in the game and it was filled with blazing guitars and was a great power/speed metal song. I am eager to see if anything on there I don’t already have.
- Dio – A Decade of Dio: 1983-1993 (6 CD Boxset) – (Rhino/Warner Bros.) – This is a compilation of Dio’s first 6 albums. If you don’t have any Dio in your collection, you might as well get this.
- Relient K – Air for Free – (Mono vs Stereo) – I haven’t listen to Relient K in years, but glad to see they still are putting out music. I will give it a listen since there isn’t much new stuff this week.
- Crown the Empire – Retrograde – (Rise Records)
- Keith Sweat – Dress to Impress – (RAL/Keith Sweat)
- Gucci Mane – Everybody Looking – (Atlantic)
2 thoughts on “Friday New Releases – July 22nd”
We’ve been talking about Keith Sweat in my neck of the woods all week. God bless him but I’d venture to say that his best days are behind him.
LikeLiked by 2 people
I haven’t listened to it yet, but I would probably agree with you on that one.
LikeLiked by 1 person