This is a very quiet week for new releases. Only one new one that I am eager to hear, Leeland’s ‘Invisible’. There are 2 greatest hits that you should check out if you don’t have all their stuff already – Dio and Dragonforce. Outside of that, not real excited about the others.
- Leeland – Invisible – (Provident) – It has been about 5 years since their last album. The band’s line-up has changed significantly and only 2 members left. If you like Christian music, they are worth giving a listen.
- Dragonforce – Killer Elite – (Spinefarm) – I became familiar with them due to either Rock Band or Guitar Hero, I can’t remember which one. The song “Through the Fire and Flames” was featured in the game and it was filled with blazing guitars and was a great power/speed metal song. I am eager to see if anything on there I don’t already have.
- Dio – A Decade of Dio: 1983-1993 (6 CD Boxset) – (Rhino/Warner Bros.) – This is a compilation of Dio’s first 6 albums. If you don’t have any Dio in your collection, you might as well get this.
- Relient K – Air for Free – (Mono vs Stereo) – I haven’t listen to Relient K in years, but glad to see they still are putting out music. I will give it a listen since there isn’t much new stuff this week.
- Crown the Empire – Retrograde – (Rise Records)
- Keith Sweat – Dress to Impress – (RAL/Keith Sweat)
- Gucci Mane – Everybody Looking – (Atlantic)