You, my reader, are going to pick an album for me to review each month. It is really simple…first, I will give you 5 albums to choose from and second, you will tell me which one of those you would like to see reviewed on the site. See…simple!
There are a few simple rules I have put in to place in my selections. They are…
- One has to be a new release (within the last month)
- One has to be one I have never heard before (new releases don’t count for this one)
- One has to be from a genre I don’t normally listen to at all or very often
- And the last two are choices from my collection that I haven’t reviewed before
What are the 5 albums you ask? Funny you should ask because I have those right here…note: I tried to throw in a couple non-obvious choices to make things a little more interesting. I have to admit, there are some heavy hitters on here for this selection.
New Release – Dokken – ‘The Lost Songs: 1978-1981′
Never Heard Before – The 13th Floor Elevators – ‘The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators‘
Not My Normal Genre – Miles Davis – ‘Kind of Blue’
From My Collection – Led Zeppelin – ‘Led Zeppelin IV’
From My Collection – Queen – ‘Innuendo’
Let me know which one you would like to see and sometime in October, I will post a review of the album that gets the most votes. You have one week to decide and from there I will start listening to the album and do a review.
Thanks for participating!!
Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
Last week I did Classical Music. This week let’s jazzy things up with a little Jazz. Jazz is so cool and hip and everything I am not so bare with me on these as I think they are funny, but since I am not into the genre, I could be mistaken. I hope you enjoy…
What’s the difference between Rock & Jazz? I am glad you asked…
This is true….
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Jazz”
Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 23rd”