Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
Happy Friday! I can’t wait for the weekend! Why you ask? Duh, no work and all music all the time!! Not a whole lot this week, but a couple I will try out and they will be highlighted in Blue. Let me know if there is anything for you or let me know what I am missing out on. Hopefully there is something for you…I know that Bolton one is calling everyone’s name…”Listen to me (insert name here)”.
- 7eventh Time Down – Brand New Day – (BEC Recordings): A Christian rock band or pop rock…whatever you want to call it…I will give it a try. I have enjoyed their first few albums and there is always one or two songs that blow me away so hoping for more of that. I just like the positive messages and the good grooves. Check them out! (Update…I guess I need to stop doing these three weeks ahead because this got moved to March 1st…sorry about that).
- Sister Hazel – Fire E.P. – (Croakin’ Poet Records): I remember their 90’s hits (or at least “All for You”) so why not see what they have to offer in 2019. They are doing a lot of E.P.s. They did two last year (Water & Wind) and now comes Fire. I think I missed the other two so I will check this one out and go back and listen to the others.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 8th”
It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
Happy Friday!!…or is it? Well of course it is, it’s new release Friday. There is not a whole lot I am pyched to listen to this week. Some I might give a spin, but only one will get listened to today for sure and it is highlighted in Blue. Otherwise, not much else that is exciting me. Let me know what floats your boat. Thanks.
- Franz Ferdinand – Always Ascending – (Domino Recording Co.); The Scottish indie rock band is back with their fifth album. I have been a fan since the beginning which is strange for me as I usually don’t like the whole indie rock vibe, but Franz gave me a nice retro rock feel with a lot of distortion. I don’t know what this one has to offer yet, but I will give it a listen.
- Toto – Greatest Hits: 40 Trips Around the Sun – (Sony Music)
- Sister Hazel – Water – (Croakin’ Poet Records)
- Voodoo Circle – Raised on Rock – (AFM Records)
- Dashboard Confessional – Crooked Shadows – (Fueled by Ramen)
- MGMT – Little Dark Age – (Columbia Records
- Elevation Collective – Evidence – (Elevation Worship Records)
- Social Club Misfits – Into the Night – (Capitol CMG Label)