Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
The last Friday of November and Christmas is just around the corner which means one thing. Album releases start to become relatively scarce. You want to drop your album early enough that it makes it on people’s Christmas list, but not too late where no one will grab it as they have spent all their money already on Christmas presents. Now, there isn’t a whole lot I care about this week and in fact, there is only one. Some of the other might get a listen sooner or later. Have a great day and let me know what you are interested in hearing. Mine is in Blue.
- Def Leppard – The Story So Far – (Virgin EMI/Mercury): Def Leppard is bringing yet another greatest hits release. Just what we needed, right? Well….not really. However, that doesn’t stop me from buying it. I have it on pre-order for the vinyl so I can’t get the 7″ Single of their Depeche Mode cover of “Personal Jesus”. Yes, I am becoming a completist with Def Leppard. Anyway, this is a pretty complete greatest hits package and not a bad one to get if you don’t have on yet. Enjoy!!
- The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships – (Dirty Hit / Polydor / Interscope)
- Neil Young – Songs for Judy – (Shakey Pictures Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 30th”
My Sunday Song #13 is by Alessia Cara called “Scars to Your Beautiful”. The song is off her latest album titled ‘Know It All’. This choice was inspired by my youngest daughter. She has to listen to this song every morning on the way to school. I don’t know if she understands the meaning or maybe she does and this is her anthem to get her emotionally ready for tackling school. Either way, it is a such an inspiring song for women and even men.
The song is about Body Image. If people don’t like they way you look, that is their problem not yours. The people’s perception of beauty needs to change because you are who you are and you are BEAUTIFUL!! Remember…God made you they way He wanted to make you and that in itself is beautiful.
Continue reading “My Sunday Song – “Scars To Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara”