Wow! We are in 2020 and we are now to our first Friday of new releases. 2020! It is hard to imagine another decade. How time flies when you are having fun. And we are having fun…aren’t we??? Anyway, here is our first batch of releases for the new year and if you are in to Pop music, there might be some music for you. If you are in to some pretty Heavy Metal music, there might be something for you as well. Otherwise, not so much. Me, there is nothing I am interested in which is great as I am still digesting my big purchase from a couple weeks ago. Let me know what you like or if there is something I missed or if there is nothing for you…whatever the reason, leave a comment and have a wonderful music weekend.
- Selena Gomez – Rare – (Interscope Records): An album that was supposed to come out in 2017, finally sees the light of day. Selena had to work through a lot of issues to get to this point. My kids are interested in this, sadly, not much interest from me. Apparently a lot of people are interested as the video below is pushing 200 million views. Good for her.
- Echosmith – Lonely Generation – (Echosmith): The pop band that brought us “Cool Kids” is back with another release. Good luck to them as no dollars will come from me.
And the rest…
A little bit country…
- Ronnie Dunn – Re-Dunn – (LWR, LLC)
And a whole lot of rock & roll…with a heave dose of metal…
- Apocalyptica – Cell-O – (Silver Lining Music)
- Poppy – I Disagree – (Sumerian Records)
- Behemoth – Live from Maida Vale E.P. – (Metal Blade Records)
- Brothers of Metal – Emblas Saga – (AFM Records)
Welcome to October. Halloween decorations will start going up and Fall should be arriving soon…well I am in the South so I guess we don’t get Fall weather until Christmas. The new releases are still coming fast & furious (great title for a movie franchise…I wonder if it has been done). There are two releases from 2 of my favorite singer songwriters and there are just so many to choose you should be able to find something. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what interests your or I am missing anything so people will know.
- Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart – (Acrobat Records): Matt Nathanson, what can I say. He is one of my favorite Singer-Songwriters out there today. I have seen him live 3 times (all is an opener…I need to see him as a headliner). This album will be there when I get home on vinyl along with his Def Leppard Cover E.P. on vinyl as well. This will consume most of my listening this weekend. His lyrics are insightful at times, quirky, funny and sometimes damn near brilliant. I can’t say enough good things. Damn…I hope I haven’t built him up too much to disappoint…nah..can’t happen.
- Steve Perry – Traces – (Fantasy): The legendary Journey singer is back with his first album in over 20 years and I could not be more excited. I can’t say I am a huge fan of what I have heard so far, but that doesn’t matter. Any new music by this man is welcomed and will be listened to for time to come.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 5th”
Welcome to a pretty slow week. Only one I am interested in this week and there aren’t a ton of others coming out. Hopefully next week will bring us more. However, it might be a good week to catch up on earlier releases as I am sure that is what I will be doing. My choices are in Blue. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in as well.
- Breaking Benjamin – Ember – (Hollywood Records): We thought the band was over in 2009, but it returned in 2015 although it wasn’t the original band, just the singer. Didn’t matter, it was the singer I always liked so glad to hear some new music from him. This time the new band was involved in the writing so hopefully will add a new layer to the band. We will see…or hear I guess.
- Metallica – The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited – (Blackened Recordings):
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 13th”