Thanksgiving is over and it is now Black Friday! And for that reason, the new release set is limited..very limited. I almost skipped it as a result, but I didn’t…you are welcome. There are only 2releases I have on here and nothing I will run out and grab. Maybe something for you. I will keep it short and sweet…Have a great Friday and see you next Friday!
- Accept – Symphonic Terror: Live at Wacken 2017 – (Nuclear Blast)
- Rita Ora – Phoenix – (Atlantic Records)
Welcome to October. Halloween decorations will start going up and Fall should be arriving soon…well I am in the South so I guess we don’t get Fall weather until Christmas. The new releases are still coming fast & furious (great title for a movie franchise…I wonder if it has been done). There are two releases from 2 of my favorite singer songwriters and there are just so many to choose you should be able to find something. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what interests your or I am missing anything so people will know.
- Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart – (Acrobat Records): Matt Nathanson, what can I say. He is one of my favorite Singer-Songwriters out there today. I have seen him live 3 times (all is an opener…I need to see him as a headliner). This album will be there when I get home on vinyl along with his Def Leppard Cover E.P. on vinyl as well. This will consume most of my listening this weekend. His lyrics are insightful at times, quirky, funny and sometimes damn near brilliant. I can’t say enough good things. Damn…I hope I haven’t built him up too much to disappoint…nah..can’t happen.
- Steve Perry – Traces – (Fantasy): The legendary Journey singer is back with his first album in over 20 years and I could not be more excited. I can’t say I am a huge fan of what I have heard so far, but that doesn’t matter. Any new music by this man is welcomed and will be listened to for time to come.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 5th”
Thank goodness July is over. The Friday new releases were limited during July, but things start to pick up in a big way in August. There are some great ones coming out today to get your month started out just right. As I am in the midst of busy season at work, these releases will help get through it. Hopefully there is something for you. My picks are highlighted in Blue.
- DEF LEPPARD – 30th Anniversary Edition of HYSTERIA!!! – (Mercury): It is hard to believe it has been 30 years since this release. Amazing how time flies. This album sounds just as good now as it did back then. It is a classic. With songs like “Women”, “Animal”, “Armageddon It”, “Love Bites”, “Hysteria” and “Pour Some Sugar On Me”, you have the ultimate rock album. There is only one edition to buy for me and it is the full on edition with 5 CDs, 2 DVDs, a couple books and everything you would want. You have to get this!!!! I already have and it will be there when I get home from work.
- The Winery Dogs – Dog Years Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016 – (Loud & Proud Records). Three outstanding musicians bring us their first live album. Richie Kotzen, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan make up The Winery Dogs and I couldn’t be more excited to grab this. If you haven’t heard them, you are definitely missing out. Give this one a listen!! This should also be waiting on me when I get home!!!
- Kryptonite – Kryptonite – (Frontiers Records SRL): Frontiers Records has a way of bringing people together. This group brings Jakob Samuel (The Poodles), Pontus Egberg (Treat), Robban Back (Moustasch) and Mike Palace (Palace) together to form a sort of supergroup. I really love Jakob Samuel and The Poodles, so anything he does really peaks my interest. Heres to hoping for something special.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 4th”
OMG!! It is Friday the 13th!! And living up to it’s unlucky reputation, there is nothing really great coming out that I am super excited about except for Danny Gokey & Gotthard (highlighted in Blue). Since I am only interested in the, I will post a few videos for some of the others so you can get a taste of what is to come.
- Danny Gokey – Rise – (BMG): Christian artist Danny Gokey is releasing his latest album today and it shows how much better he is growing as an artist. He started out on American Idol and has seem to found his place in music. His popularity in the Christian genre continues to grow and this album should help that grow even more.
- Gotthard – Silver – (G. Records): Gotthard has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. I am looking forward to hearing this and have enjoyed the first single, “Stay With Me”.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 13th”