Welcome to the first Friday of February and the new releases we will see today. There are a bunch this week. If you like rock, pop, metal, country, latin, alternative or all of the above, there is probably something for you. I have three I am interested in hearing and I will highlight those in blue like normal. Let me know what interests you and what I missed including on the list so everyone knows. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful musical weekend!!
- Stone Temple Pilots – Perdida – (Play Pen Music / Rhino): STP is back with Jeff Gutt on vocals for his second album. This one is quite a departure from their normal fare as it is an all acoustic album of new music. Pretty bold move with still a new singer. My brother-in-law worked on this album with the band so of course it is on my list and has been pre-ordered on vinyl to arrive today when I get home from work. Looking forward to explore this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 7th, 2020”
- Richard Marx – Limitless – (BMG): I will admit it…I love Richard Marx…no not the physical, deep emotional love for a person, but love of his music. What can I say, I am a sap for a good love song or hell, a good song period. Richard has a great way of doing both of those and at the same time. Thankfully the 80’s mullet is gone and he has changed with the times.
Finally…a good week of releases…at least for me. There are at least 4 I am wanting to try out before I slam down some buckaroos. Thank goodness for streaming. There is a ton of Rock this week and a little pop and christian music as well. Hopefully something to pique your interest. Let me know what you want to hear this week or if I missed anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Listening!! Oh, I almost forgot…my choices are highlighted in Blue!
- Revolution Saints – Rise – (Frontiers Records): What I thought was going to be a one time supergroup from Frontiers now has flourished to its third album…that is right numero three-o. Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo. With Deen handling most of the lead vocals, there is a whole Journey vibe but heavier. The songs are catchy and have some great guitar work and it is just great rock & roll. I hope this one is as good as the last two and if so, you have a great trio of records from this trio. Give it a listen.
- Jorn – Heavy Rock Radio II: Executing the Classics – (Frontiers Records): Another Frontiers release and this one is Jorn. I have been a fan for quite some time, however, the covers albums are growing kind of old…NEW MATERIAL MR. JORN WOULD BE NICE!!!! However, I will give it a listen and see what he brings to these tracks. If you like someone who sounds a lot like David Coverdale but just a bit more dramatic, you will like Jorn. If you don’t like this…his early albums kick major ass!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 24th”
It is the last Friday of the month and it has been a slow month. And it is another Friday where there isn’t a ton of releases, but there are at least a few I am interested in and those are highlighted in Blue. If you like Rock, Pop, Metal, Country, Christian, Electronic and even old time rock & roll, there is a little for everyone.
- Alice Cooper – Paranormal – (EarMusic): The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Alice Cooper is back with his 27th or so album. How many artists can say that?? I have seen and heard a lot of buzz about this one and I am actually excited to get this one. I can’t wait to hear what is in store with this one.
- Seventh Day Slumber – Found – (VSR): The Christian rock band from Texas is here to bring us more of their post-grunge, hard rock. I haven’t heard anything of this one yet (haven’t watched the video either) so waiting to be surprised when the full album is out. I am generally not disappointed by anything they have released over the last 12 years.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 28th”
Rock fans rejoice!! There are an abundance of rock records out today. There are a variety of other genres as well including a Barry Manilow release, but ROCK is KING today for me. My favorites to listen to are highlighted in Blue. There will be more on the list I am interested in, but will get listened to whenever I have time. I hope there is something here for you! Happy Friday and Happy Listening!!
- Crazy Lixx – Ruff Justice – (Frontiers Records SRL): The Swedish “Hair” Metal band is back with a new line-up after losing their major songwriter, Andy Zata. After hearing the first song, they still sound the same bringing us loud rock & roll. Hoping for more of the same on the rest of the album.
- Thunder – Rip It Up – (Earmusic): English band, Thunder, is bringing us their 11th studio album. They came about in 1990 right when the 80’s rock was dying out and missed out on being a huge band. They have been going strong (off and on) since and I am looking forward to another great release from Danny Bowes and company.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 21st”