Not a ton of releases this Friday, but a few that could be promising. After spending some time at the beach this week with my family, it is nice to be home and enjoy some new music. The ones I will be checking out are in blue.
- Blink-182 – California – (Viking Wizard Eyes LLC) – Blink release a new album but without Tom DeLonge, is it really a Blink album? That is the question I am asking and I will give it a listen to see what they give us.
- Through Fire – Breathe – (Sumerian Records) – Justin McCain is back with a new band Through Fire. Justin was the founding member of the Emphatic, of which I was a huge fan. Basically, it is the same band with just a name change and a new record label. High hopes for this one.
- American Authors – What We Live For – (Island) – Back with their sophomore effort after the huge success of ‘Oh, What a Life’. Can they continue that success or get sucked down by the sophomore slump? We will have to listen and find out.
- The Dirty Clergy – Rattlesnake – (Happy Daze Records) – I screwed up and had them on last week when they were only releasing a new single last week. Now the album comes out. It has very simple productions, but some great songs on here. A nice raw quality to the whole thing.
- Maxwell – black SUMMERS’ night – (Columbia)
- Fates Warning – Theories of Flight – (Inside Out Music)
- Pet Shop Boys – Twenty-Something (EP) – (X2 Records)
- Bat for Lashes – The Bride – (Warner Bros.)
- Magic! – Primary Colours – (Sony Music Entertainment)