Thank goodness it is Friday. What a week. Work has been crazy so I can’t wait to listen to some new music. Not much this week I am excited about, but there are a few I want to hear (and they are in blue).
- The Avett Brothers – True Sadness – (Republic) – Not familiar with them, but I heard the new song “Ain’t No Man” and thought it was great. Now I want to listen to the whole thing.
- Dorothy – ROCKISDEAD – (Roc Nation) – Another band I am not familiar with but the first single is awesome and peaked my interest. This might be my drive into work album and I will save the Avett Brothers for the drive home.
- Steve Vai – Modern Primitive / Passion and Warfare 25th Anniversary Edition – (Legacy). Passion & Warfare was an incredible album and I can’t believe it has been 25 years. I can’t wait to revisit the songs. And a bonus disc added called Modern Primitive with songs written between 1984-1990 and unreleased. Steve is such an amazing guitarist and hit solo work is so creative and unbelievably amazing. Check it out. Here is a video for one of the new songs.
- The Dirty Clergy – Rattlesnake – (Happy Daze Records) – I got the pleasure of getting an early release and I am digging this album. I need to listen to it a few more times before I do a piece on it for the site. I would have done it for the day of release, but ran out of time. I hate it when my real job gets in the way of my music listening time. Go check it out. The video posted is their lead single. I like its rawness. Update – Album comes out July 1st. They released their new single “Decades” today – my mistake.
- Neil Young & Promise of the Real – Earth (2CD) – (Reprise)
- Whitechapel – Mark of the Blade – (Metal Blade)
- Broods – Conscious – (Capitol)
- Rich Robinson – Flux – (Eagle Records)
- Foghat – Under the Influence – (Foghat Records)
- Whitford / St. Holmes – Reunion – (Mailboat Records)
- Rick Astley – 50 – (BMG)
- The Rippingtons – True Stories – (Entertainment One Music)