Finally…a good week of releases…at least for me. There are at least 4 I am wanting to try out before I slam down some buckaroos. Thank goodness for streaming. There is a ton of Rock this week and a little pop and christian music as well. Hopefully something to pique your interest. Let me know what you want to hear this week or if I missed anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Listening!! Oh, I almost forgot…my choices are highlighted in Blue!
- Revolution Saints – Rise – (Frontiers Records): What I thought was going to be a one time supergroup from Frontiers now has flourished to its third album…that is right numero three-o. Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo. With Deen handling most of the lead vocals, there is a whole Journey vibe but heavier. The songs are catchy and have some great guitar work and it is just great rock & roll. I hope this one is as good as the last two and if so, you have a great trio of records from this trio. Give it a listen.
- Jorn – Heavy Rock Radio II: Executing the Classics – (Frontiers Records): Another Frontiers release and this one is Jorn. I have been a fan for quite some time, however, the covers albums are growing kind of old…NEW MATERIAL MR. JORN WOULD BE NICE!!!! However, I will give it a listen and see what he brings to these tracks. If you like someone who sounds a lot like David Coverdale but just a bit more dramatic, you will like Jorn. If you don’t like this…his early albums kick major ass!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 24th”
Can you believe we are in November already. Christmas is just around the corner and with all the new releases today, what might be on your Christmas list? I don’t really have anything from these releases that I am dying to have, but there are a couple I will give a listen to. Not much in the rock world for me, it is all Pop. The ones I am interested in at least listening to are highlighted in Blue as always.
If you want to buy any of the albums, I have tried to make it easy for you. Click on the link after each album and it will take you to iTunes and you can download the release with just a few clicks.
- Maroon 5 – Red Pill Blues – (222 Records/Interscope): Maroon 5 brings us another record, but with the over saturation of Adam Levine on TV with the Voice and the lack of greatness from the singles so far I am not overly excited. However, I have been a huge fan since the beginning so it will get listened to. I hope there are songs that only feature the band. I am sick and DAMN!!! Tired of the releases for this album so far that feature another artist. Why do songs today on Pop Radio have to be with someone else. I don’t get and this is a topic for another time. I do like “Cold” though.
- Sam Smith – The Thrill of It All – (Capitol Records): Finally the voice of Sam Smith is back with some new music. I know my oldest loves him and I have to admit he has a nice voice. I will give it a spin and see what he has to offer. The first two promotional songs have been good.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 3rd”
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend. I should be sitting on a tropical beach in Jamaica about now soaking up the sun and the alcohol with my lovely bride of 15 years. We are two weeks past our anniversary, but we finally got away just the two of us.
The bad news is I am missing so many great releases this weekend, but I don’t really care. I will listen when I get back. One release that is actually quite fitting is the Train release. That is “our band” as I have mentioned many times on this blog. That will the one I definitely check out this week. I have highlighted in Blue all the ones I am interested in and will find some time to give a listen.
- Train – A Girl, A Bottle, A Boat – (Sunken Forest/Columbia): So happy for another Train album. I have heard a couple songs so far and they have been okay. They seem to be rehashing the same formula with every album and song now and loosing some of the magic (reminds of what Bon Jovi is going through). I am hoping the rest of the album is better otherwise, they might loose their place as my wife and I’s favorite band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 27th”