Finally…a good week of releases…at least for me. There are at least 4 I am wanting to try out before I slam down some buckaroos. Thank goodness for streaming. There is a ton of Rock this week and a little pop and christian music as well. Hopefully something to pique your interest. Let me know what you want to hear this week or if I missed anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Listening!! Oh, I almost forgot…my choices are highlighted in Blue!
- Revolution Saints – Rise – (Frontiers Records): What I thought was going to be a one time supergroup from Frontiers now has flourished to its third album…that is right numero three-o. Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo. With Deen handling most of the lead vocals, there is a whole Journey vibe but heavier. The songs are catchy and have some great guitar work and it is just great rock & roll. I hope this one is as good as the last two and if so, you have a great trio of records from this trio. Give it a listen.
- Jorn – Heavy Rock Radio II: Executing the Classics – (Frontiers Records): Another Frontiers release and this one is Jorn. I have been a fan for quite some time, however, the covers albums are growing kind of old…NEW MATERIAL MR. JORN WOULD BE NICE!!!! However, I will give it a listen and see what he brings to these tracks. If you like someone who sounds a lot like David Coverdale but just a bit more dramatic, you will like Jorn. If you don’t like this…his early albums kick major ass!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 24th”
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
Norwegian rocker, Jorn Lande, turned 50 this year and to celebrate that fact, Frontiers Records released a collection of 9 of his studio albums and three bonus discs. That is 12 disc in all for a very reasonable price of about $60 ($5 per CD). I will take that deal any day!
Jorn’s voice is so powerful and he could hold is own with some of the more well known vocalist out there. When he sings, he does sound almost exactly like David Coverdale of Whitesnake. And when he covers any Whitesnake song, the resemblance is uncanny. That is probably why I like him so much as I am huge Whitesnake fan.
Frontiers does a great job with the set. The box is real sturdy and should hold up well for years. Each CD is packaged in a cardboard sleeve that looks like the original CD and includes the original CD booklet as well. Sometimes sets have left that piece out. The CD itself looks like a small vinyl replica which seems to be a trend for some box sets (The Kip Winger Set did that as well). It is a nicely packaged set.
Continue reading “Jorn – 50 Years on Earth: The Anniversary Box Set – Album Review”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday New Releases for 2018…unless something shows up for the last 2 weeks that are worth showing, but right now…NOTHING! So enjoy it while you can and we will be back sometime in 2019 when we have new releases to report. There is really only one I am interested in and hopefully I will get it for Christmas (or Birthday…either works as same day). I have highlighted it in Blue…hint..hint. Let me know if there is something for you this week or something I missed.
Thanks and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
- Jorn – 50 Years On Earth: The Anniversary – (Frontiers Records): Jorn Lande has had a rather productive solo career. Not all albums were perfect, but there is enough good stuff to make this more than worth it. All 12 solo albums in once package and at around $5 to $6 bucks a CD, not a bad price either. I love songs like Sunset Station and his cover of Kiss’ Naked City is fantastic. A voice like David Coverdale adds to my enjoyment. Check him out…
And that is it for me. Here are a few others that might be worth checking out…
- Bruce Springsteen – Springsteen on Broadway – (Bruce Springsteen)
- Within Temptation – Resist – (Vertigo Berlin)
- Volbeat – Let’s Boogie (Live from Telia Parken) – (Vertigo Berlin)
- We Three – We Three – (Palawan Productions)
- Zayn – Icarus Falls – (RCA Records)
For My Sunday Song #118, I am going to highlight “Sunset Station” by Jorn Lande. I know most people in the U.S. probably aren’t familiar with Jorn and that is a shame. Jorn Lande is a Rock/Metal singer from Norway and has been in bands such as Ark, Millenium and Vagabond. However, I came to know him thanks to Melodicrock.com and his solo work as well as with Power Metal band Masterplan. I even highlighted him in a post way back in my early days on this blog (check it out – Jorn Lande).
One of my favorite songs by Mr. Lande is “Sunset Station” off his 2nd solo album called ‘Worldchanger’. The album was released back in 2001 and really stood out for me (not in that year – I came across it a few years later). This song in particular jumped out of the speakers and grabbed hold of me.
Jorn’s vocals are solid and a cross between David Coverdale of Whitesnake and Ronnie James Dio (both obvious influences on Jorn). That alone was enough to catch my attention. He sings with such power and lays it all out every time. Musically, it is loud, heavy and very melodic but more metal than melodic rock. The guitar work is another attention grabber for me as it just screams and comes at you with blistering veracity.
Continue reading “My Sunday Song – “Sunset Station” by Jorn Lande”
Time for an update as he has released a new album, ‘Life on Death Road’, since I wrote this around a year ago…
My artist profile this time is on Norwegian rock vocalists, Jorn Lande. He has a new album coming out on Friday and so I thought I would highlight his career.
His popularity here in the states is pretty much non-existent as I have never heard his songs on the radio. I find this to be a travesty. Radio here in the states is so bad now and pollutes our ears with such garbage that we miss out on so many great bands and artists from around the world.
Jorn’s voice is so powerful and he could hold is own with some of the more well known vocalist out there. When he sings, he does sound almost exactly like David Coverdale of Whitesnake. And when he covers any Whitesnake song, the resemblance is uncanny.
My only negative on Jorn is his music videos. I swear he looks like he is so angry with the camera and he looks like he is just screaming at it. If you can get past that, the songs are awesome.
Jorn has been in so many bands, he is sort of a vocal nomad. The bands he has been in are Vagabond, The Snakes, Ark, Millenium. Beyond Twilight, Masterplan and Allen/Lande. My familiarity with him comes from 2 of his bands and his solo work. So my focus will be strictly with those albums and songs.
Continue reading “Jorn Lande – Artist Profile”
Can you believe we are already in to June??? Crazy! And it has already gotten crazy hot here in Charlotte…and it isn’t even Summer yet (officially). At least there are some Hot New Releases to keep you COOL!!! There are only a handful I am looking to grab and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something that you are interested in getting.
- U2 – The Joshua Tree (Deluxe) – (Island Records): I can not believe it has been 30 years since this album was originally released. I was a senior in High School and this album was huge. It is one of the world’s best selling albums. U2 is commemorating the 30th anniversary with a new Deluxe Edition and a World Tour celebrating this album. Who can forget all those great songs “Where The Streets Have No Name” “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, “Bullet The Blue Sky” and “With Or With Out You”. There is a 2CD Deluxe Edition which includes a live album of the Joshua Tree Tour and a SUPER DELUXE Edition which is a 4 CD set and includes 2 additional discs or remixes and rare songs from that time. I definitely will be checking this out.
- Adrenaline Mob – We the People – (Century Media): Russell Allen (Symphony X) and Mike Orlando are back with their 3rd full length release. The first two were great metal albums and I am not expecting anything less than spectacular with this one. Climb aboard and check out the rush that comes with listening to these guys.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 2nd”
Finally a Friday of new releases to get excited about. The last couple of weeks haven’t given me much that I enjoy. I hope there is something that excites you. The ones that I will be listening to first and probably the most are highlighted in blue.
- Train – Does Led Zepplin II – (Crush Music) – Train is one of my favorite bands and I am anxious to listen to their take on Led Zeppelin II. The great thing about this album is all proceeds go to charity. The charity is Family House, which offers temporary lodging for families of ill children being treated at a hospital in San Francisco, the band’s hometown. If you want to see what else I like by Train check it this post.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 3rd”