We are now in May, I’m still working from home and we are still on the social distancing kick…which is all a good thing until this thing gets better. The really good news is there are a lot of releases this week…ok, not really. A month or so ago, that would’ve been true. There have been at least 10 that were on the list that are now moved until later in the year. That is too bad. As a result, I hope there is something here for you. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing or what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!!
- Mike Tramp – Second Time Around – (Deko / Target Records): Mike Tramp has been putting out the albums lately. That voice sounds aged and wiser and ever since White Lion and Freak of Nature, I have followed his career so why would I not throw this on for good measure.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 1st”
- Jack Russell’s Great White – Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes – (Deadline Music / Cleopatra): I don’t know if I am interested in this because I think it is going to be good or that I think it is going to be really bad. Either way, I might try and sit through this. His last album was pretty good, but it still isn’t the same as it used to be. We will leave judgment until I hear it all.
Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday New Releases for 2018…unless something shows up for the last 2 weeks that are worth showing, but right now…NOTHING! So enjoy it while you can and we will be back sometime in 2019 when we have new releases to report. There is really only one I am interested in and hopefully I will get it for Christmas (or Birthday…either works as same day). I have highlighted it in Blue…hint..hint. Let me know if there is something for you this week or something I missed.
Thanks and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
- Jorn – 50 Years On Earth: The Anniversary – (Frontiers Records): Jorn Lande has had a rather productive solo career. Not all albums were perfect, but there is enough good stuff to make this more than worth it. All 12 solo albums in once package and at around $5 to $6 bucks a CD, not a bad price either. I love songs like Sunset Station and his cover of Kiss’ Naked City is fantastic. A voice like David Coverdale adds to my enjoyment. Check him out…
And that is it for me. Here are a few others that might be worth checking out…
- Bruce Springsteen – Springsteen on Broadway – (Bruce Springsteen)
- Within Temptation – Resist – (Vertigo Berlin)
- Volbeat – Let’s Boogie (Live from Telia Parken) – (Vertigo Berlin)
- We Three – We Three – (Palawan Productions)
- Zayn – Icarus Falls – (RCA Records)