We are now in May, I’m still working from home and we are still on the social distancing kick…which is all a good thing until this thing gets better. The really good news is there are a lot of releases this week…ok, not really. A month or so ago, that would’ve been true. There have been at least 10 that were on the list that are now moved until later in the year. That is too bad. As a result, I hope there is something here for you. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing or what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!!
- Mike Tramp – Second Time Around – (Deko / Target Records): Mike Tramp has been putting out the albums lately. That voice sounds aged and wiser and ever since White Lion and Freak of Nature, I have followed his career so why would I not throw this on for good measure.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 1st”
- Jack Russell’s Great White – Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes – (Deadline Music / Cleopatra): I don’t know if I am interested in this because I think it is going to be good or that I think it is going to be really bad. Either way, I might try and sit through this. His last album was pretty good, but it still isn’t the same as it used to be. We will leave judgment until I hear it all.
Finally! A week with a few releases I am actually interested in. There is still not a ton of releases, but hopefully something you like. My choices are highlighted in Blue. At work, I am in the middle of budget season and my time is limited, but I will find time for a few of these selections. Let me know what I missed and what you are interested in listening to this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal – (Napalm Records): Dee Snider’s last release, We Are the Ones, was exceptional. This one is supposed to be harder and better so we will be popping it on first on the way to work. Let’s hope another great album has been made. If the below song is any indication, it will be.
- Halestorm – Vicious – (Atlantic Record): Lzzy Hale and the boys are back in full force. It feels like it has been ages since new music, but it has only been 3 years since the last album and a little over a year since the last E.P., but that is too long for me. When this band turns it up, watch out, they will blow your ears off and this sounds like it will do just that.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 27th”
Welcome to the last Friday of October and the last set of new releases for the month. Halloween is coming up in a few days and maybe there is something on here that will be a treat for you…or maybe you buy it, it sucks and then it is a trick…either way I hope there is something for you. The ones I am interested in are highlight in Blue.
- Stereophonics – Scream Above the Sounds – (Stereophonics / Parlophone): These Welsh boys are back with another new album. After 20 years together, they haven’t missed a beat. They are on a steady diet of one new album every two years and without fail, he were are with their latest. If you don’t know them, check them out and see why they are top of my list this week.
- Red – Gone – (Provident Label Group): This Christian metal band is straying from their Christian roots with this album and delivering a mainstream rock record. They even do a Sia cover on the album. This could be interesting. I will definitely cue this one up as well,
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 27th”
It feels like I just did this last week…oh wait…I did. Another Friday and another week full of Christmas albums. I can’t wait (he says very sarcastically). There are a plethora of new releases, but only a few must haves for me. There a few metal ones down the list I will probably give a listen to as well. The most intriguing for me are highlighted in Blue.
- Dee Snider – We Are the Ones – (Snider Than Thou Productions): The Twisted Sister frontman, Dee Snider, is releasing his first ever solo album and all I can say is..IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 28th”