Finally! A week with a few releases I am actually interested in. There is still not a ton of releases, but hopefully something you like. My choices are highlighted in Blue. At work, I am in the middle of budget season and my time is limited, but I will find time for a few of these selections. Let me know what I missed and what you are interested in listening to this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal – (Napalm Records): Dee Snider’s last release, We Are the Ones, was exceptional. This one is supposed to be harder and better so we will be popping it on first on the way to work. Let’s hope another great album has been made. If the below song is any indication, it will be.
- Halestorm – Vicious – (Atlantic Record): Lzzy Hale and the boys are back in full force. It feels like it has been ages since new music, but it has only been 3 years since the last album and a little over a year since the last E.P., but that is too long for me. When this band turns it up, watch out, they will blow your ears off and this sounds like it will do just that.
- Daughtry – Cage to Rattle – (19 Recordings): Talk about being away too long, Daughtry haven’t released an album in 5 years. I almost forgot about them. Hopefully this release will remind me of what they can do. They have never changed the world with their music, but they have a knack for writing pretty dang catchy songs with a little edge to them. And sometimes that is all I want.
- Kenny Chesney – Songs For the Saints – (Blue Chair Records):
- Cody Jinks – Lifers – (Rounder Records)
- Boz Scaggs – Out of the Blues – (Concord Records)
- Rise Against – The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1 – (Virgin Records)
- Otep – KULT 45 – (Napalm Records)
- Michael Romeo – War of the Worlds, Pt 1 – (Music Theories)