Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Welcome to March and Friday New Releases. There is not a ton of new stuff, but hopefully there is something for you. I have a few I will try out, but not super excited about anything. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Leave a comment and let me know if there is anything that you would like or something I missed (which I am sure I missed a lot).
- Andrew W.K. – You’re Not Alone – (Bee & El/Sony): Here is someone we haven’t heard in a long, long while. I am looking forward to explore what he has in store. It is can usually be fun, strange, or who knows what, however, it is usually interesting.
- Michael Schenker Fest – Resurrection – (Nuclear Blast): This should be an very interesting release as well. The guest list is quite impressive and any Schenker fan will love. Guest appearances by Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, Wayne Findlay and Michael Voss-Schön along with contributions from three original MSG singers – Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet and Robin McAuley. Plus Doogie White is on it, who plays with Michael in Michael Schenker’s Temple of Rock.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 2nd”
Welcome to the last Friday of February for new releases. There isn’t a whole lot of new ones that are peaking my interest. There are a few I will listen to and as usual, they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know if there is something that tickles your fancy or if there was anything that I don’t have on my list. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Alice Cooper – The Sound of A E.P. – (Edel Germany): Alice Cooper’s latest album ‘Paranormal’ is absolutely stellar. This is really just a single release of “The Sound of A” from that album, but what makes it special is the 4 B-Sides you get as well including Live versions of “The Black Widow”, “Public Animal #9”, “Is It My Body” and “Cold Ethyl”. That makes it worth it!!
- CoreLeoni – The Greatest Hits Part 1 – (Frontiers Records): Leo Leoni, guitarist from the band Gotthard, releases this on the 25th Anniversary of Gotthard to celebrate rock and bring back some songs that Gotthard has left behind. With singer Ronnie Romero taking on the vocals this could be a very interesting project. Worth at least a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 23rd”