Is October already over!! Wow! The time is flying by now. Luckily for me, it was another stellar month for picking up so new stuff (most is old stuff new to me though). And I didn’t waste any time as right at the end of September after I wrote the September Purchases post, a few things came in the mail from Amazon within minutes and days of each other. First up was Ace Frehley’s Origins. Vol 2…and yes I have Vol 1…duh!!
Then Queen & Adam Lambert’s Live Around the World. I chose CD on this only because when I ordered it the vinyl wasn’t listed. It did come with a DVD of the shows as well. Since my daughter saw this tour a couple years ago, no brainer…
Continue reading “October 2020 Purchases – Vinyls & CDs”
Oh Crap!! It is Friday the 13th. Lock your doors and don’t go outside as there are a lot of crazies this day. And we are crazy with new releases. Actually, there are a bunch, but not much of interest to me as has been the case a lot this year. I hope the year picks up. I don’t have any that I am dying to hear…nothing highlighted in Blue this week. I might try a couple, but if I get to them. I hope there is something for you. Let me know what there is you want to hear or what I missed as I always do since I generally only list bands/artist that I have actually heard about. Have a great weekend.
- Gotthard – #13 – (Nuclear Blast)
- Stitched Up Heart – Darkness – (Stitched Up Heart)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 13th”
- Code Orange – Underneath – (Roadrunner Records)
Happy Friday. Welcome to December and we are ever closer to Christmas so the choices get more limited and I have to stop buying so my family has something to get me for Christmas (and my Birthday). This week there are a handful of releases and a lot of them live. I have highlighted in Blue those I might give a listen, but no promises. Let me know if there is anything for you or anything I missed. Have a great music Weekend!!
- Coldplay – Live in Buenos Aires – (Parlophone): I haven’t listened to Coldplay much at all lately, so not sure why I am interested in hearing this, but it it is calling me. I will give it a spin.
- Gotthard – Defrosted 2: Live – (Nuclear Blast): When Steve Lee was alive and the lead singer of Gotthard, I was a huge fan. I haven’t been since and it is no fault of the band, I just found Steve to be AMAZING! and it is hard to get back into the band now. The original Defrosted was great and I am willing to give this one a try out of respect for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 7th”
OMG!! It is Friday the 13th!! And living up to it’s unlucky reputation, there is nothing really great coming out that I am super excited about except for Danny Gokey & Gotthard (highlighted in Blue). Since I am only interested in the, I will post a few videos for some of the others so you can get a taste of what is to come.
- Danny Gokey – Rise – (BMG): Christian artist Danny Gokey is releasing his latest album today and it shows how much better he is growing as an artist. He started out on American Idol and has seem to found his place in music. His popularity in the Christian genre continues to grow and this album should help that grow even more.
- Gotthard – Silver – (G. Records): Gotthard has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. I am looking forward to hearing this and have enjoyed the first single, “Stay With Me”.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 13th”
Gotthard is a rock band out of Switzerland and sadly never got much, if any, airplay here in the states. This is another band I was introduced to thanks to the website Melodicrock.com. I don’t think I would have ever heard of them otherwise, and I would have missed out on a great band.
The band was started back in the early 90’s and they have gone on to be one of the top selling bands in Switzerland. I believe at one time, the top selling was a little known band named Krokus. Who doesn’t love Krokus.
The moving force behind Gotthard was the lead singer Steve Lee. He had such an amazing voice and he could rock out or sing a heartfelt ballad. He had a little raspiness in his voice and his vocals brought so much passion and life to these songs it gave you an instant connection to them.
Sadly, in October 2010, Steve Lee was killed in a freak accident when he was on a motorcycle tour in the U.S. I still remember when I heard the news and I can say I was truly upset. I spent the next few days listening to their albums non-stop.
The band has gone on to replace Steve with a new lead singer, but it is not the same. The band I am writing about here is specifically the era of Steve Lee.
Continue reading “Gotthard / Steve Lee – Artist Profile”