The week before Thanksgiving and the last big week of new releases. There will be more releases over the next three weeks, but not as big as this one (in numbers, not necessarily quality). There are a handful I will give a spin and they will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you or what I might have missed. Now next Friday there are new releases, but it is also Record Store Day Black Friday, so hopefully some I can grab…until then.
- Coldplay – Everyday Life – (Parlophone Records / Warner Music): I will admit, I hold hopes out that they will release something as good as ‘Parachute’ again. So, this will get a spin to see what they bring to the table this time. My hopes aren’t too high.
- Beck – Hyperspace – (Fonograf Records / Capitol): Okay, it’s Beck…why would he not get a spin? His quirkiness is always welcome even if not always appreciated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 22nd”
Happy Friday. Welcome to December and we are ever closer to Christmas so the choices get more limited and I have to stop buying so my family has something to get me for Christmas (and my Birthday). This week there are a handful of releases and a lot of them live. I have highlighted in Blue those I might give a listen, but no promises. Let me know if there is anything for you or anything I missed. Have a great music Weekend!!
- Coldplay – Live in Buenos Aires – (Parlophone): I haven’t listened to Coldplay much at all lately, so not sure why I am interested in hearing this, but it it is calling me. I will give it a spin.
- Gotthard – Defrosted 2: Live – (Nuclear Blast): When Steve Lee was alive and the lead singer of Gotthard, I was a huge fan. I haven’t been since and it is no fault of the band, I just found Steve to be AMAZING! and it is hard to get back into the band now. The original Defrosted was great and I am willing to give this one a try out of respect for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 7th”
It is time for the Top 20 Songs of 2017. My previous post, if you missed it, was the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2017. Go check it out by clicking on the link. These 20 songs are all genres other than rock. Some were popular and chart toppers and others were not. They are my favorites, that touched me in some way so don’t expect any indie bands or anything trendy. If you want that go to one of the cool sites out there, this ain’t it.
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2017 or the Top Albums of 2017 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
Let’s get started…
#20 – “Something Just Like This” by the Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay off the album ‘Memories…Do Not Open’: This song was a family favorite during the year. The one song the wife liked as well as all the kids and as a result, I heard it a lot and it grew on me to where I stopped and listened to it when it came on the radio. A catchy little song with a great beat.
Continue reading “Top Songs of 2017”
It’s Friday!! And dang it has been hot! What is not hot is the lack of releases today. There are only 2 new ones I care about and 1 greatest hits package, other than that I don’t really see much I want to hear. The ones I want are highlighted in Blue.
- 12 Stones – Picture Perfect – (Cleopatra Records): After being absent for the last 5 years, 12 Stones bring us their 5th studio album. 12 Stones is a Christian Rock, Post-Grunge/Alternative band that started around 2000. Only two original members remain, but the new single “Picture Perfect” sounds promising. Give it a listen and then check them out.
- Lifehouse – Greatest Hits: One of my favorite bands to come along since 2000 and can basically do no wrong in my book…or at least haven’t yet. If you aren’t familiar with them than there is no better way to learn about them than a greatest hits package. All the hits are there. They are a pop/rock band and I am sure you have heard one of their songs before. If you like, the albums will be better as you can dive into their deep cuts which is where they really shine. I didn’t know which video to pick so I ended up with this great duet with Natasha Bedingfield
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 14th”