It’s Friday!! And dang it has been hot! What is not hot is the lack of releases today. There are only 2 new ones I care about and 1 greatest hits package, other than that I don’t really see much I want to hear. The ones I want are highlighted in Blue.
- 12 Stones – Picture Perfect – (Cleopatra Records): After being absent for the last 5 years, 12 Stones bring us their 5th studio album. 12 Stones is a Christian Rock, Post-Grunge/Alternative band that started around 2000. Only two original members remain, but the new single “Picture Perfect” sounds promising. Give it a listen and then check them out.
- Lifehouse – Greatest Hits: One of my favorite bands to come along since 2000 and can basically do no wrong in my book…or at least haven’t yet. If you aren’t familiar with them than there is no better way to learn about them than a greatest hits package. All the hits are there. They are a pop/rock band and I am sure you have heard one of their songs before. If you like, the albums will be better as you can dive into their deep cuts which is where they really shine. I didn’t know which video to pick so I ended up with this great duet with Natasha Bedingfield
- Coldplay – Kaleidoscope EP – (Warner Brothers): Coldplay loves to throw in E.P.s between album and this is their 13th I believe. This one is a companion piece to their latest album A Head Full of Dreams. It includes a Tokyo Remix of their song with the Chainsmokers called “Something Just Like This”.
- The Vamps – Night & Day – (Virgin EMI)
- Wizkid – Sounds From the Other Side – (Starboy Entertainment)
- Anita Wilson – Sunday Song – (eOne Music)
2 thoughts on “Friday New Releases – July 14th”
Big fan of Lifehouse although their most recent couple of albums were a let down for me
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree about the last one. I still loved it, but not as great as their other albums. They can’t do wrong in my book.