Welcome to Friday and guess what it is Valentine’s Day!! The worst holiday ever invented. It puts undo pressure on everyone. The trick is show the one you love how much they mean to you every day of the year and then this day doesn’t mean shit!! It is just another. So blame Hallmark and all the chocolate companies and the florist companies and the restaurants for forcing this upon us. Wow, I went off on a tangent there. It is Friday, so that means new music. Not a whole lot here for me, but hopefully there is enough that you find something for you or the one you love. My listens are in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear and what I might have missed from the list because believe it or not…it happens all the time. Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!!
- Hollywood Undead – New Empire, Vol 1 – (BMG Rights): I am excited for their new album which is now their 6th studio release. I really enjoy their rap-rock / nu-metal sound and I love the angst as well. It is usually great to blast driving down the road…so here is warning to you Charlotte Drivers that I might be a little reckless today with this cranked up.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 14th”
- Huey Lewis & the News – Weather – (New Hulex LLC / BMG Rights): I am really anxious and sad to hear this one. It could quite possibly be Huey’s last record and he is even unable to perform anymore. If you haven’t heard, Huey was diagnosed with a disorder of the inner ear called Meniere’s disease. It brings hearing loss, vertigo, ringing in the ear and a feeling of fullness. My thoughts and prayers are with him and selfishly I always would like new music from him.
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
Everybody wants something for Christmas. There are a bunch of albums I would like to get on vinyl so if anyone is feeling generous, the new Motley Crue ‘The End’ Box Set would be nice. My kids keep telling me what they want for Christmas despite the fact I keep telling them it is too late to put in new orders as Santa already has decided what they are getting. Plus, Mommy and Daddy are done shopping.
Musicians are no different. They want a lot of things for Christmas. What do they want you ask? I will tell you what they told me when I asked them. Here is what they said…
Huey Lewis & The News – “I Want A New Drug” – I think someone has a problem!!
Queen -“I Want It All” – Greedy much?
Continue reading “What Do You Want For Christmas? – Playlist”