Welcome to Friday and guess what it is Valentine’s Day!! The worst holiday ever invented. It puts undo pressure on everyone. The trick is show the one you love how much they mean to you every day of the year and then this day doesn’t mean shit!! It is just another. So blame Hallmark and all the chocolate companies and the florist companies and the restaurants for forcing this upon us. Wow, I went off on a tangent there. It is Friday, so that means new music. Not a whole lot here for me, but hopefully there is enough that you find something for you or the one you love. My listens are in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear and what I might have missed from the list because believe it or not…it happens all the time. Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!!
- Hollywood Undead – New Empire, Vol 1 – (BMG Rights): I am excited for their new album which is now their 6th studio release. I really enjoy their rap-rock / nu-metal sound and I love the angst as well. It is usually great to blast driving down the road…so here is warning to you Charlotte Drivers that I might be a little reckless today with this cranked up.
- Huey Lewis & the News – Weather – (New Hulex LLC / BMG Rights): I am really anxious and sad to hear this one. It could quite possibly be Huey’s last record and he is even unable to perform anymore. If you haven’t heard, Huey was diagnosed with a disorder of the inner ear called Meniere’s disease. It brings hearing loss, vertigo, ringing in the ear and a feeling of fullness. My thoughts and prayers are with him and selfishly I always would like new music from him.
And that is really it for me. I might dig in to Black Swan, but not real excited about that one. Oh, and for my kids…they will probably listen to that Bieber one…I know, I try and try to get them to real music, but it doesn’t always work…kids will be kids.
- Black Swan – Shake the World – (Frontier Records)
- Nathaniel Rateliff – And It’s Still Alright – (Stax Records / Concord)
- Justin Bieber – Changes – (Def Jam Recordings)
- David Gray – White Ladder (20th Anniversary) – (iht Records / AWAL Recordings)
- Barry Manilow – Nights Songs II – (Stiletto Entertainment)
- Matthew West – Brand New – (Provident Label Group / Sony)
- Avalon – Called – (Red Street Records)
- Tame Impala – The Slow Rush – (Island Records)
- Anvil – Legal at Last – (AFM Records) – Digital Only; CDs & Vinyl next week
- Seven Spires – Emerald Seas – (Frontiers Records)
- Hardline – Life Live – (Frontiers Records)