Happy Friday. We made it through another week and in today’s world, that is saying something. As your reward, we have a batch of new releases for you. And let me tell you, I need this pick me up. There are a few I am interested in hearing and they are highlighted in Blue as normal. Let me know what you see that you want to hear or maybe I missed something so let me know. I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend!!!
- Joe Satriani – Shapeshifting – (Sony Music); I love Satriani. The first guitarist I dug that released his own solo albums. Well, maybe it was Vai and Satriani. Joe has been pumping out music almost annually and I couldn’t be happier. I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us this time around.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 10th”
- The Strokes – The New Abnormal – (RCA): The Strokes are back. How long has it been? It has been 7 years since their last release. I am not a huge fan, but I am interested to see what they bring to the table in 2020. I like garage rock and they were kings for a short time, will they regain the reign…we will see.
Welcome to the first Friday of December. Christmas is just around the corner and here are a few ideas to either get yourself for Christmas or get someone else. There is only one I am interested (highlighted in Blue), so I can concentrate on my year end list some more. I hope there is something for you.
- The Who – WHO – (Polydor / Universal): After a mere 13 years, the Who is back with a new album. I have to say, I am intrigued to hear what they have to offer even if it is only Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey which it has been for years, I know. We will see…or hear…
These are probably the big releases in the pop world…
- Camila Cabello – Romance – (Simco / Epic / Sony)
- Liam Payne – LP1 – (Capitol Records): Debut from the former One Direction Star
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 6th”
Finally a Friday with an abundance of new releases. There are so many I am interested in that this could take awhile. I hope to get to them all sooner or later. I think there is a little something for everyone today. The ones that are striking my fancy are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to getting or if I am missing something added to the comments. Have a great listening weekend.
- Myles Kennedy – Year of the Tiger – (Napalm Records): Whether with Alter Bridge, Slash or just by himself, there is no getting by the immense talent that is Myles Kennedy. He can definitely sing, but his guitar playing is just as sensational. Looking forward to the focus being all about him. I have purposely not listened to anything off this album yet so I can enjoy it all at one time.
- Judas Priest – Firepower – (Sony Music): Judas Priest is back with a brand new album. Enough said…Mic drop!!!
- Thirdstory – Cold Heart – (Verve Label Group): After waiting for two years, we finally get the full length album they have been promising. My daughter and I saw them open for Tori Kelly two years ago and we bot really enjoyed their harmonies and just the power of their voices. Three guys doing amazing things singing together. We are going to see them again in April when they headline a little club here in Charlotte.
- Calum Scott – Only Human – (Capitol Records): This former Britain’s Got Talent contestant from 2015 finally gets his debut album. After the release of his cover of “Dancing On My Own”, I was completely blown away by his vocals. Can’t wait to enjoy this one.
- Three Days Grace – Outsider – (RCA Records): I have had two heavy and two soft albums and now back to heavy with Three Days Grace. I followed them since their debut in 2003 with the song “I Hate Everything About You”. They have given me consistently good albums and I expect nothing less from this hard rock band out of Canada.
- Jimi Hendrix – Both Sides of the Sky – (Experience Hendrix LLC): Jimi Hendrix…worth giving a listen solely for that matter. This is the third and final in a series of unreleased tracks and surprised their have been so many and why did it take so long for them to come out.
- The Fratellis – In Your Own Sweet Time – (Cooking Vinyl): (MOVED TO MARCH 16) And there is still one more I want to hear and that is the Fratellis. When I heard their album Costello Music, I adored their sound and the whole vibe. As a result, I have been absorbing all their albums and this one will be no different.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats – Tearing at the Seams – (Bottleneck Music)
- The Neighbourhood – The Neighbourhood – (Columbia Records)
- Suicidal Tendencies – Get Your Fight On! – (Suicidal Records)
- Ministry – AmeriKKKant – (Nuclear Blast)
- Nightwish – Decades – (Nuclear Blast Records)
- David Byrne – American Utopia – (Todomundo LTD)
Welcome to the first Friday of new releases for 2017. This first week doesn’t have too many as it is still to close to Christmas. The releases start picking up next week, but there are a few this week. The only one I will run out and grab right away is highlighted in Blue.
- Halestorm – ReAniMate 3.0: The CoVeRs E.P. – (Atlantic Records): The 3rd volume of the Reanimate covers E.P. is here. Halestorm has been awesome in releasing these little E.P.s which contain covers of various songs. They are usually as good or even better than the originals. They have a great way of making them their own. I don’t expect anything less from this one.
- Track Listing:
- Still of the Night
- Damn, I Wish I was Your Lover
- I Hate Myself For Loving You
- Fell on Black Days
- Ride the Lightning
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 6th, 2017”