Finally a Friday with an abundance of new releases. There are so many I am interested in that this could take awhile. I hope to get to them all sooner or later. I think there is a little something for everyone today. The ones that are striking my fancy are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to getting or if I am missing something added to the comments. Have a great listening weekend.
- Myles Kennedy – Year of the Tiger – (Napalm Records): Whether with Alter Bridge, Slash or just by himself, there is no getting by the immense talent that is Myles Kennedy. He can definitely sing, but his guitar playing is just as sensational. Looking forward to the focus being all about him. I have purposely not listened to anything off this album yet so I can enjoy it all at one time.
- Judas Priest – Firepower – (Sony Music): Judas Priest is back with a brand new album. Enough said…Mic drop!!!
- Thirdstory – Cold Heart – (Verve Label Group): After waiting for two years, we finally get the full length album they have been promising. My daughter and I saw them open for Tori Kelly two years ago and we bot really enjoyed their harmonies and just the power of their voices. Three guys doing amazing things singing together. We are going to see them again in April when they headline a little club here in Charlotte.
- Calum Scott – Only Human – (Capitol Records): This former Britain’s Got Talent contestant from 2015 finally gets his debut album. After the release of his cover of “Dancing On My Own”, I was completely blown away by his vocals. Can’t wait to enjoy this one.
- Three Days Grace – Outsider – (RCA Records): I have had two heavy and two soft albums and now back to heavy with Three Days Grace. I followed them since their debut in 2003 with the song “I Hate Everything About You”. They have given me consistently good albums and I expect nothing less from this hard rock band out of Canada.
- Jimi Hendrix – Both Sides of the Sky – (Experience Hendrix LLC): Jimi Hendrix…worth giving a listen solely for that matter. This is the third and final in a series of unreleased tracks and surprised their have been so many and why did it take so long for them to come out.
- The Fratellis – In Your Own Sweet Time – (Cooking Vinyl): (MOVED TO MARCH 16) And there is still one more I want to hear and that is the Fratellis. When I heard their album Costello Music, I adored their sound and the whole vibe. As a result, I have been absorbing all their albums and this one will be no different.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats – Tearing at the Seams – (Bottleneck Music)
- The Neighbourhood – The Neighbourhood – (Columbia Records)
- Suicidal Tendencies – Get Your Fight On! – (Suicidal Records)
- Ministry – AmeriKKKant – (Nuclear Blast)
- Nightwish – Decades – (Nuclear Blast Records)
- David Byrne – American Utopia – (Todomundo LTD)
Welcome to another Friday New Releases and this week is a biggie. Why? Because Taylor is finally releasing her long awaited new album. I put it at the top because it will be the most played album in our house (I have two girls that love her). But don’t fret! There is plenty of other releases for everyone. I have a ton of rock records that I can’t wait to spin and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Enjoy!
- Taylor Swift – Reputation – (Big Machine): Get ready because the old Taylor is DEAD!! This is a new Taylor Swift and from what I have heard so far, I would agree. Taylor is reinventing herself now with each new release and I don’t see it as a bad thing. At least for me, the new songs are more interesting than the prior songs. I actually might like this new direction. We will see as I will definitely hear it enough to become familiar with it.
- Sweet & Lynch – Unified – (Frontiers Records): Now here is where I will begin. Michael Sweet & George Lynch were brought together by Frontiers Records as one of their special projects and usually they end up as a one time deal, thankfully, this one is not. We are now given a second release and they are touring. Maybe this will last a little while. I always need more rock & roll.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 10th”