Today is actually My 5 Year Anniversary of Blogging. And perfect timing for this post because You, my reader, are going to pick an album for me to review for next month. I love that fact that we aren’t going to celebrate my blog, but instead I want to celebrate you by letting you pick something for me to review. I want to give you the voice. We have been doing this for a while now, so I am glad this month it fell on this day.
It is really simple…first, I will give you 5 albums to choose from and second, you will tell me which one of those you would like to see reviewed on the site. See…simple!
There are a few simple rules I have put in to place in my selections. They are…
- One has to be a new release (within the last month)
- One has to be one I have never heard before (new releases don’t count for this one)
- One has to be from a genre I don’t normally listen to at all or very often
- And the last two are choices from my collection that I haven’t reviewed before
What are the 5 albums you ask? Funny you should ask because I have those right here…
New Release – The Fratellis – Half Drunk Under a Full Moon
Never Heard Before – Radiohead – ‘OK Computer’
Not My Normal Genre – Parliament – ‘Mothership Connection’
From My Collection – The Doors – ‘Morrison Hotel’
From My Collection – The Rolling Stones – ‘Sticky Fingers’
Let me know which one you would like to see and sometime in May, I will post a review of the album that gets the most votes. You have one week to decide and from there I will start listening to the album and do a review.
Thanks for participating!!
I will admit, I know nothing about Radiohead. Maybe I’m not smart enough to get them, or actually, maybe I’m too smart to get them…who know. Either way, I guess they deserve a meme’s collection just as much as the next band even if I could care less about them. I have no idea if any of these are funny or what they really mean, because as I said earlier, I’m not a fan. Let me know if these were any good.
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Radiohead”
The times are crazy and all we have to look forward to is either President Trumps daily Covid 19 updates or music new releases. For me, it is the music new releases otherwise I would be writing about Trump. This week though, there is nothing for me I am really interested in. There are a handful of releases as a lot of artist have been delaying their releases for some reason. I hope there is something in here for you. Stay Safe!! And have a great weekend.
- Soul Asylum – Hurry Up and Wait – (Blue Elan Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 17th”
- Incubus – Trust Fall (Side B) E.P. – (Incubus)
If you are new to the site, I started this series with the year 1987 and then noticed that 1991 and 1983 were also a couple of the greatest years in music. I got to thinking, was there a pattern that every 4 years we have another great year in music. Well, I am not sure the theory held up for me with 1979, but now I am exploring the year 1995. If you want to explore the other years, click on the link below…
1979 – The Greatest Year in Music?
1983 – The Greatest Year in Music?
1987 – The Greatest Year in Music?
1991 – The Greatest Year in Music?
Will 1995 be another great year or is my theory fully debunked with this year. Let us explore and see and then decide a the end. But first we have to ask What were the top albums of the year?, What were the debut albums from some of the great rock bands? and What was going on in the world of music that year?
1995 didn’t have any major news story that changed music like 1979 with the Sony Walkman and 1983 with the release of the CD, but a couple big stories did happen.
On August 9th, a major even happened in the history of Kiss. Kiss performed on MTV’s Unplugged series. That in and of itself was nothing special, but some special guests were invited up on the stage and out walked Ace & Peter. It was the first time in 16 years the original members of Kiss (Gene, Paul, Peter & Ace) had played together. It was so well received that the following year, Kiss put their make-up back on and the first reunion tour was kicked off and the Kiss Unplugged album was finally released. This event started it off.
Continue reading “1995 – The Greatest Year in Music?”
Happy Friday! I hope your Summer is going well. This week has very few releases that are on my radar so not a lot to choose from. There are a couple that will get a spin and maybe I can catch up on all the releases earlier in the month. The ones I will listen to are highlighted in Blue…as usual.
- Imagine Dragons – Evolve – (Interscope): The pop/rock band is back with their third studio release. After breaking on to the scene in 2012 with “Radioactive, they hope to capture the magic yet again. If “Believer” is any indication of what is to come, we should have another great release.
- King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard – Murder of the Universe – (Flightless Records): King Gizzard returns with their 2nd album of 2017. The first ‘Flying Microtonal Banana’ was exceptional and can they repeat the magic so quickly? We will see. Plus, they intend to release 4 to 5 albums this year so they better get moving as we are almost half way through the year. This album appears to be quite different from the last as it is broken up into 3 chapters to tell an overall story I am assuming. I will have to wait and hear I guess. NOTE: Video has a warning that if you are susceptible to seizures, DO NOT watch the video.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 23rd”
Just announced this morning, Radiohead is releasing a new album on XL Records this Sunday, May 8th at 2pm. The Sunday release will be digital only, the CD will be out June 17th. This is their first release since 2011’s The King of Limbs. So excited for new music from them. Their is no album title yet.
A new song “Burn the Witch” was just released on Wednesday. Today, they also released a video for a new song, “Daydreaming”. What a nice way to end the week. Check them out below.
It might make a great Mother’s Day gift for that special lady in your life. My wife won’t want it, so I will just keep it for myself!!