On Sunday, February 26, 2023, 2 Loud 2 Old Music reached a milestone for the site. We finally reached 1,000,00 views on the site. It all started April 17, 2016 and only took just shy of 7 years to hit that mark. Now, at the pace we are going now, it should take less than 4 years for the next million.
What did we do to get to this point, well, we have written a lot of post. We are at 2,141 posts since we started and I am not sure why I keep saying we, because it is just me. Maybe the we is me, myself and I. We have done over 350 post of My Sunday Songs and Friday New Release posts which I have been doing since almost the beginning. We have done I think close to 1,000 album/single reviews, a bunch of The Original Vs The Cover posts and even a lot of Album Rankings. I never thought I would write this much and still have stuff to write about, but we’ve barely scratched the service at what is in the collection so there will be more to come.
The 10 most popular posts are as follows:
- New Release Page – over 25,700 views
- Maroon 5 – The Albums Ranked Worst to First – over 10,200 views
- Apple Music vs. Amazon Music Unlimited – over 9,400 views
- The Original vs The Cover: “The Sound of Silence” – over 9,100 views
- Whitesnake – The Albums Ranked Worst to First – over 8,200 views
- Ratt – The Albums Ranked Worst to First – over 8,200 views
- Poison – The Albums Ranked Worst to First – over 6,700 views
- Tuesday’s Memes – Christmas Music – over 6,200 views
- The Top 20 Ratt Songs – over 6,000 views
- Tuesday’s Memes – Rock & Roll – over 5,700 views
And if you wonder why I have done a lot of Album Rankings, well, they do make up 40% of the list so there is that reason. I stopped doing the Memes collections, but maybe I should bring that back…nah!
What I have really enjoyed doing over the last few years are artist series where I cover every album either in my collection or in their catalog. Definitely I’ve done all the studio albums for these bands so there are a lot of reviews up for these artists. I’ve done quite a few.
- Billy Idol
- David Coverdale/Whitesnake
- Judas Priest
- Cheap Trick
- Scorpions (only 3 more left to write)
- Jeff Scott Soto (only 18 more to write) – And will be the most comprehensive reviews of Soto’s career anywhere on the web and I can almost guarantee that.
And the next one lined up is Bon Jovi which will start sometime either late Spring or early Summer. Not sure where I will be going after that series.
I think I am going to stop the You Pick It series as that doesn’t get a whole lot of participation. I think I have one more lined up to post for April’s selection and that will be it. I’m working on March’s right now.
Let me know if there is something you’d like to see me do on the site and maybe I’ll do it. I am planning to continue to show off things in the collection and write reviews on them and if I ever catch up and do it all, maybe I’ll stop at that time, but I think I still have a few more years left in me. When we hit the 10 year mark, I’ll re-evaluate and see what is next, but for now, I am going to keep on doing what I’m doing.
Thank you to everyone that has come and stopped by the site and to those regular readers, thank you most of all. You are my motivation and reason to keep on going. You know who you are.
Here’s to the next 1,000,000 views!!