Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
Here we are on another Friday and another week of great releases. But before I get into that I just noticed that this is my 400th post since I started. Crazy to think it I have been able to think of that many things to write about and that people still come to check out the site. Pretty cool.
Okay back to the post…If you like rock, there is a plethora of new music. There is probably a little something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking to pick up. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend.
- Revolution Saints – Light in the Dark – (Frontiers Records): Frontiers Records has a knack for putting together little supergroups. Most of the time those supergroups only last one album. Thankfully, Revolution Saints are back with record number two!! Who is in Revolution Saints you may ask (please ask)? Well, I am glad you asked…you get Jack Blades (Night Ranger and Damn Yankees), Deen Castronovo (Journey and Ozzy) and Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio, Dead Daisies). The first album was spectacular and expect more of the same greatness.
- Fozzy – Judas – (Century Media): When you hear the name Chris Jericho, what is the first thing you think of??? Wrestling?? No, Heavy Metal Music. Chris has been lead singer of Fozzy for 18 years and they are now on their seventh album with ‘Judas’. As I always, I look forward to hearing what they bring to the table each time and this time is no different.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 13th”
Another Friday and another long list of New Releases. The wife has gone to Michigan to tour lighthouses with her parents and left me with the kids. I am going to need something to listen to so I don’t go crazy this weekend. Good thing there are a bunch I am interested in listening to…and they are highlighted in Blue!
- Tenth Avenue North – Followers – (Provident): Tenth Avenue North is a pop/rock Christian band out of Florida. They have been playing since 2000, but their first album didn’t come out until 2008. Now on their 5th album, I am expecting more of the same energy from the new album and looking forward to it.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 14th”