Here we are on another Friday and another week of great releases. But before I get into that I just noticed that this is my 400th post since I started. Crazy to think it I have been able to think of that many things to write about and that people still come to check out the site. Pretty cool.
Okay back to the post…If you like rock, there is a plethora of new music. There is probably a little something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking to pick up. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend.
- Revolution Saints – Light in the Dark – (Frontiers Records): Frontiers Records has a knack for putting together little supergroups. Most of the time those supergroups only last one album. Thankfully, Revolution Saints are back with record number two!! Who is in Revolution Saints you may ask (please ask)? Well, I am glad you asked…you get Jack Blades (Night Ranger and Damn Yankees), Deen Castronovo (Journey and Ozzy) and Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio, Dead Daisies). The first album was spectacular and expect more of the same greatness.
- Fozzy – Judas – (Century Media): When you hear the name Chris Jericho, what is the first thing you think of??? Wrestling?? No, Heavy Metal Music. Chris has been lead singer of Fozzy for 18 years and they are now on their seventh album with ‘Judas’. As I always, I look forward to hearing what they bring to the table each time and this time is no different.
- L.A. Guns – The Missing Peace – (Frontiers Records): L.A. Guns is back with the two most important members from the bands heyday in the late 80’s. Phil Lews and Tracii Guns are back together again. I couldn’t be happier…I mean I guess I could but this is pretty darn close. After the two were parted, they each had their own version of the band, but the only real version for me is with the two of them in it together. Another one I am looking forward to hearing.
- The Glorious Sons – Young Beauties and Fools – (Black Box Recordings): This Canadian rock back is a new one for me and I am just starting to dig these guys. This only their second album and if you don’t know who they are, give them a try. Good old rock and roll.
- Pink – Beautiful Trauma – (RCA): Pink is someone my whole family enjoys so this record will probably get played a lot in my house. As a result, I better get ready to listen. Pink is very consistent. You know what you are going to get and she generally does not disappoint either. This I am sure will be another great one from one of the few female pop artist worth a damn in my book.
- Tyketto – Live in Milan 2017 – (Frontiers Records)
- King Crimson – Official Bootleg: Live in Chicago June 28th 2017 – (Dgm)
- St. Vincent – MASSSEDUCTION – (Loma Vista Recordings)
- Robert Plant – Carry Fire – (Trolcharm Ltd)
- Marillion – Living in Fear – (Earmusic)
- Enslaved – E – (Nuclear Blast America)
- The Who – Tommy Live at The Royal Albert Hall (2CD) – (Eagle Rock Entertainment)
- Squeeze – The Knowledge – (Love Records)
- Beck – Colors – (Fonograf Records / Capitol)
- Jessie James Decker – Southern Girl City Lights – (Epic Records)