Finally!! Yes, there are some albums I am actually excited about this week. It has been awhile for me since the last week that anything I was anxiously awaiting. This week, I have two that will definitely get a spin first thing in the morning while I am sitting at home in my office like I have for the last two months…I can’t wait to sit in traffic and drive to work. I never thought I would say that!!! Anyhoo, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I may have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Dennis DeYoung – 26 East, Vol. 1 – (Frontiers Records): I couldn’t tell you the last time a Dennis DeYoung record got any press, but this one is making the rounds. I have heard nothing but positive comments on this one so far, so it has really piqued my interest. I have heard there is a strong Styx element and why wouldn’t there be as he was a huge part of that sound. We will see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 22nd”
- One Desire – Midnight Empire – (Frontiers Records): Okay, this one might the first one getting a spin this morning. These two songs I have heard so far are a couple of the best I’ve heard this year. If you like some solid guitar driven, heavy melodic rock with a guy that can sing his heart out, this is the one for you to hear. I think this is going to be the one to beat this year.
Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
Happy Friday! Take a look at the list of new releases and see what floats your boat. There are a few I am really excited and interested to hear, but one of those I don’t have much hope that it will be good (Bon Jovi). The ones I will be attacking first are highlighted in Blue.
- Bon Jovi – This House Is Not For Sale – (Island Records): Bon Jovi’s track record over their last 3-4 albums has been piss poor. A couple songs I have heard so far suck!!!, but some were decent. Still doesn’t give me much hope that this will be any good. I will still listen off the extreme hope that one day they will find glory again.
- Robbie Williams – The Heavy Entertainment Show – (Robert Williams/Farrell Music): I am a huge Robbie Williams fan. I have never understood how he didn’t have much success stateside, but that is okay as I like him anyway. Eagerly anticipating this release. I am sure it will be great. Read my post on the Top 20 Robbie Williams songs. I wonder if any of these songs will force me to update that list???
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 4th”