Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
The last week of February, the last week of new releases for the month and the Last in Line is all I am interested in hearing. There are a handful of releases this week so hopefully there is something for you. Mine is highlighted in blue as usual. Let me know what you want to get or anything I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Last in Line – II – (Frontiers Records): The former Dio band consisting of Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard), Andrew Freeman and now Phil Soussan. They aren’t playing Dio songs, but their own material. I like Viv and Vinny so I will give it a try and see what they have to offer this time around.
- Gary Clark Jr. – This Land – (Warner Brothers): What an utter talent. His blend of rock and blues has been hailed by Prince and even President Obama…so that should be enough to sway you to check him out. Seriously, check him out. You will not be disappointed. And for this album…he has a lot to say!!! Damn!! He needs to be heard!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 22nd”
We are to the end of another month and the end of another work week. This year is flying by. This is another Friday with a ton of new music. I can’t say I am super excited about any of them, but I am interested in listening to quite a few (highlighted in Blue).
- Yellowcard – Yellowcard – (Hopeless Records): Apparently this is their 10th and last album together. That is a little sad. They have put out some great albums, so here is to hoping they go out on a high note.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 30th”