Welcome to something new at 2 Loud 2 Old Music. You, my reader, are going to pick an album for me to review each month. It is really simple…first, I will give you 5 albums to choose from and second, you will tell me which one of those you would like to see reviewed on the site. See…simple!
There are a few simple rules I have put in to place in my selections. They are…
- One has to be a new release (within the last month)
- One has to be one I have never heard before (new releases don’t count for this one)
- One has to be from a genre I don’t normally listen to at all or very often
- And the last two are choices from my collection that I haven’t reviewed before
What are the 5 albums you ask? Funny you should ask because I have those right here…note: I tried to pick non-obvious choices to make things a little more interesting. Continue reading “You Pick It – Which Album to Review in July?”
It is the last Friday of June and I have vacation time coming my way. Not much coming out this week and thankfully that is the case as I won’t have time much over the next week to listen to anything. The ones I am curious about are highlighted in Blue. Hopefully you find something you like…if so, let me know.
- Stone Sour – Hydrograd – (Roadrunner Records): Corey Taylor (from Slipnot) and crew are back with their sixth studio album. Talk is this will be more of a straight up rock and roll record which I am not sure what that will mean, but we will see what their definition of a Rock & Roll record is. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
- Don Barnes – Ride the Storm – (MelodicRock Records): Don Barnes from .38 Special finally gets to release his solo album from 1989. Thanks to MelodicRock Records (& Melodicrock.com). I am eager to hear what we missed from so long ago. Apparently the album was never released due to the label (A&M Records) being sold. I don’t know if it got lost in the shuffle or it wasn’t good enough that the new company didn’t want to release it. We will soon find out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 30th”
For those new to the site, I have a page that contains a list of the New Releases out now or coming in the very near future. I update it weekly (mostly weekly). The list is of all albums I am interested in, albums I have heard about, or albums that are getting a lot of buzz. Hopefully you can find something you can’t wait to get your hands on.
I also post the Friday New Releases every Friday for those great releases that are coming out that day to keep you in the loop. Keep an eye out for those.
There is a link at the top of the home page that you can go to every time you visit. Or you can just click right here on NEW RELEASES. Below is the current list as of this morning. I recently added Kenny Wayne Shepard Band, George Thorogood, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Styx and so many more…I hope you enjoy
Continue reading “New Releases (updated)”