It is the last Friday of June and I have vacation time coming my way. Not much coming out this week and thankfully that is the case as I won’t have time much over the next week to listen to anything. The ones I am curious about are highlighted in Blue. Hopefully you find something you like…if so, let me know.
- Stone Sour – Hydrograd – (Roadrunner Records): Corey Taylor (from Slipnot) and crew are back with their sixth studio album. Talk is this will be more of a straight up rock and roll record which I am not sure what that will mean, but we will see what their definition of a Rock & Roll record is. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
- Don Barnes – Ride the Storm – (MelodicRock Records): Don Barnes from .38 Special finally gets to release his solo album from 1989. Thanks to MelodicRock Records (& Melodicrock.com). I am eager to hear what we missed from so long ago. Apparently the album was never released due to the label (A&M Records) being sold. I don’t know if it got lost in the shuffle or it wasn’t good enough that the new company didn’t want to release it. We will soon find out.
- Bryan Adams – Wembley Live 1996 (2CD Set) – (Eagle Rock Entertainment): I love Bryan Adams so I am willing to listen to a live album by him as I will listen to most anything by him. It will be interesting to listen back to 1996 and revisit those songs.
- TLC – TLC – (Musiq): TLC was absolutely fantastic back in the day. This is their first album without Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez and I am not sure what to expect. I am sure it will be great, but there will be something missing without Lisa. Here’s to hoping for a great record.
- The Beach Boys – 1967 Sunshine Tomorrow – (Capitol Records): Apparently there are still unreleased versions of Beach Boys songs and now we have a 2 CD set of those releases.
- ZZ Ward – The Storm – (Hollywood Records)
- LANY – LANY – (Side Street Entertainment)
- Calvin Harris – Funk Wav Bounces, Vol. 1 – (Sony Music)