We are halfway through the year now, can you believe it? I have to say, I haven’t been blown away by the first 6 months of releases, heres hoping to a better second half. In this final week of June there are a handful of releases I am looking forward to and they are highlighted in Blue. Hopefully there is something in the list that will connect with you and if there is, let me know which one. Also, let me know if I missed anything as it helps our readers find new music. Thanks and have a great weekend!!
Oh yeah…I have a public service announcement at the bottom of the list, please give it a read! It will help us all!!
- The Alarm – Sigma – (Twenty First Century Recording Co): Mike Peters returned in 2018 with the album Equal and it was fantastic. I can’t wait to hear this new one and as with all albums I am excited about, I haven’t heard a song until I take it all in at once. So glad he is back and in such a prolific way!!
- Generation Axe – The Guitars That Destroyed the World (Live in China) – (earMusic): A live album of Guitar Heroes…yes sign me up!! Oh, and a live album on top of that…YES PLEASE!!! You get Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Nuno Bettencourt, Yngwie Malmsteen and Tosin Abasi. Is there anything else that needs to be said…I didn’t think so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 28th”
It is Friday yet again and there are even more albums out and ready for you to go buy, stream or do with it as you will. Not a lot this week, but one critical one for my kids. The ones I will check out are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you.
- Katy Perry – Witness – (Capitol Records): After 4 long years since Prism, Katy is back and better than ever…well…maybe not. She has released 3 singles are ready and I have to say I am not that impressed. I only like the first one “Chain to the Rhythm”, the rest have been kind of awful (especially “Bon Appetit”). And I have to mention how awful the album cover looks to me. Not off to a good start. I will still give it a try though, but expectations are now pretty low.
- Lady Antebellum – Heart Break – (Capitol Nashville): Lady Antebellum is back after three years and the members doing a little stuff on their own. They are pure pop country, but I love Charles Kelley’s voice and Hillary Scott’s as well. Put the two together and wow!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 9th”
I can’t believe it is August already. This year has flown. And it is time for yet another Friday of new releases. A couple of albums I am really excited to hear – The Dead Daisies and Skillet. There are also a bunch I will try to listen to as well. As usual, all the ones I am interested in the most are highlighted in Blue. It appears it is a Hard Rock Friday for me.
- The Dead Daisies – Make Some Noise – (SPV) – The Dead Daisies are are Super Group mixed with Australian and American musicians. There have been several rotations in the band and on this album the band consists of David Lowy (Mink), Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio & Burning Rain), Marco Mendozza (Whitesnake, Blue Murder & Black Star Riders), John Corabi (Motley Crue, The Scream) and Brian Tichy (Whitesnake, Ozzy, Billy Idol). This should be another great release with such great musicians.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – Aug. 5th”