Happy Friday. Not a ton of releases that have caught my attention this week. There are two that I will be diving in to and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. There are a couple more I will try out eventually, but the first two will get most of my attention. All the releases I will be checking out are highlighted in Blue. Take a look around and see what else you might like and let me know in the comments. If you want to see all the new releases coming in the universe over the next several weeks (or months), CLICK HERE.
- James Bay – Electric Light – (Republic Records): Finally, the super talented James Bay is back with his sophomore release. Is the sophomore jinx in place or not, we will have to hear it first to decide. I have heard three singles so far and the first was completely different than his last album which can be good and bad as you don’t necessarily want to alienate the fans you built off that sound. The next two were a little more in the wheelhouse we expect. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitar player so we will check this out. In the meantime, have a glass of “Pink Lemonade”
- Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice for None – (Prospect Park): Now for the other end of the spectrum, there is Five Finger Death Punch. The music is just that, a death punch to the face. Every now and again, I like it hard and I like it loud and this is exactly what I need right now. So prepare your ears to be decimated.
The next two I am a fan, but I am not rushing out to grab these just yet. I need to be in the mood for these so they will happen when the time is right.
- Joe Bonamassa – British Blues Explosion (Live) – (J&R Adventures)
- Ray LaMontagne – Part of the Light – (Stone Dwarf LLC)
- Otis Redding – Dock of the Bay Sessions – (Rhino Entertainment)
- Ziggy Marley – Rebellion Rises – (Tuff Gong Worldwide)
- Overkill – Live in Overhausen – (Nuclear Blast)
- Trent Harmon – You Got ‘Em All – (Big Machine)