Another great Friday of releases is upon us. There aren’t a ton this week, but there are some I am eager to get ahold of. Those choices will be highlighted in Blue. This list is mostly rock and metal, but there is one country album and a pop/alternative release as well. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Stone Temple Pilots – Purple (25th Anniversary) – (Rhino Entertainment): I can’t believe it has been 25 years since ‘Purple’ has been released. That is crazy!! This was the album that got me in to STP as I hadn’t jumped on the whole 90’s music bandwagon by the time their debut album came out. I was still strongly entrenched in the 80’s music. But this one had so much guitar and the swagger of Scott Weiland won me over. I can’t wait to get this set with all the bonus material…plus it is on CD and Vinyl!!
- Alter Bridge – Walk the Sky – (Napalm Records): When Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy get together, you know it is going to rock and be amazing and I expect nothing less from this, their 6th album. This is basically Creed with Myles Kennedy on vocals as the rest of the band, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips as well as Mark are all from Creed. What is still cool is that after 15 years, it is still the same 4 guys. Ok, they are not really Creed I was generalizing, but they are still awesome.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 18th”
Welcome to the day after Valentine’s Day. I hope everyone was with the one you love or at least loving the one you were with. And if you didn’t have anyone, that is okay too. Maybe there is something on here you could love. There is a little for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and what I might have missed. Have a great weekend.
- Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water – (BMG): Avril Lavigne, what can I say. I actually dig her stuff. I am not afraid to admit it. Even if she married the guy from Nickelback. I won’t hold that against her. I haven’t heard anything off this one yet, but that won’t deter me from giving it a listen as she has earned that respect. Oh yeah, the cover of the album is quite nice!
- Jon Fratelli – Bright Night Flowers – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I love the Fratelli’s so can’t wait to hear Jon do another solo album. His last one I enjoyed so why would this one be any different. Give him a try, you will like it.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 15th”
After doing one of these meme collections on Johnny Cash I might as well do one on Country. I didn’t meant his to be an all out hatefest on Modern Country, but I couldn’t resist. I don’t hate today’s country music, I just don’t think it is country music. It is pop music with a Southern twang.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it…
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Country Music”
IT IS FRIDAY!!!! There are a bunch of new releases today and should be something for everyone. There has been so much going on lately, that this new release Friday I am actually excited about. There is some Rock, Dance/Pop, Country and so much more. Let me know what peaks your interest. My interest are peaked on the ones highlighted in Blue.
On a different note, there are 3 releases out today from Frontiers Music Sri. My question to them is why in the hell would you release albums from 3 of your artists that are pretty much the same genre on the exact same day???? That perplexes me as people have limited funds to spend on music so by putting them out on the same day, you can’t really expect someone to buy all three or am I wrong. Plus, supporting all 3 albums with promotions at the same time seems ridiculous. Can you even give each artist the attention they deserve? I don’t think so. Alright, off my soap box.
- Michael Sweet – One Sided War – (Rat Pak Records): Michael Sweet is back with a new solo album and this is the one release this week that will get played first. Michael has put out so much music over the last couple years and it has all been great whether it was the last couple Stryper Albums (which were heavy) or his release with George Lynch. His solo stuff has been both on the lighter side and the heavy side. I think I am hoping for an album more on the rock side this go ’round and if this song is any indication, I might just get what I want.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 26th”