Another great Friday of releases is upon us. There aren’t a ton this week, but there are some I am eager to get ahold of. Those choices will be highlighted in Blue. This list is mostly rock and metal, but there is one country album and a pop/alternative release as well. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Stone Temple Pilots – Purple (25th Anniversary) – (Rhino Entertainment): I can’t believe it has been 25 years since ‘Purple’ has been released. That is crazy!! This was the album that got me in to STP as I hadn’t jumped on the whole 90’s music bandwagon by the time their debut album came out. I was still strongly entrenched in the 80’s music. But this one had so much guitar and the swagger of Scott Weiland won me over. I can’t wait to get this set with all the bonus material…plus it is on CD and Vinyl!!
- Alter Bridge – Walk the Sky – (Napalm Records): When Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy get together, you know it is going to rock and be amazing and I expect nothing less from this, their 6th album. This is basically Creed with Myles Kennedy on vocals as the rest of the band, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips as well as Mark are all from Creed. What is still cool is that after 15 years, it is still the same 4 guys. Ok, they are not really Creed I was generalizing, but they are still awesome.
- The Almost – Fear Caller – (Fearless Records / Concord): These guys have been labeled Christian rock, but honestly, they are more alternative, post-grunge, rock. I have followed since the debut in 2007 and I am looking forward to some more of The Almost’s sound. If you haven’t heard of them, check them out. I think you might enjoy!
- Third Eye Blind – Screamer – (Mega Collider Records): Another band on their 6th album is Third Eye Blind. Stephen Jenkins and boys are back with hopefully a “Screamer” of an album. Their first two albums were some of my favorites from the 90’s and it has been hit and miss since. Heck, I just picked up their debut on vinyl last month and I was thrilled to get it. I am hoping for more hit than miss on this one.
- Jimmy Eat World – Surviving – (Exotic Locations Recordings / RCA): This is the band’s 10th album…the 10th…Wow. These guys have been classified as power pop, emo and all that, but I think they are just a pop rock band and pretty great. Now here is an interesting tidbit, they just got off tour this Summer with none other then the previous release on this list Third Eye Blind. Don’t expect them to tour together again because the drummer called Stephen Jenkins of 3EB a creep douchebag. Interesting. Anyway, check out Jimmy Eats World.
- Michael Monroe – One Man Gang – (Silver Lining Music): And lastly for me, I am curious to hear Micheal Monroe’s new album. Former lead singer of Hanoi Rocks has been around a long long time and I am eager to hear some new tunage.
And that is all for now…for me. Check out the rest…
- Rob Halford – Celestial – (Sony Music)
- The Cure – Cureation 25: From There to Here From Here to There Live – (Lost Images / Eagle Rock)
- James Arthur – You – (Columbia / Sony)
- Florida Georgia Line – The Acoustic Sessions – (Big Machine)
- Foals – Part 2 Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost – (Warner Music)
- 1349 – The Infernal Pathway – (1349)