Summer is coming to end, but the heat is not. One week (and a day) until Kiss End of the Road Tour and hopefully something here will hold me over until then. Sadly, there isn’t much for my liking here this week. There are a few I will give a listen, but nothing I am buying or overly crazy about. Hopefully there is something for you this week. If so, let me know what it is and let me know if I missed something so I can check it out. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Skillet – Victorious – (Atlantic Records): Skillet is bringing us their 10th album and there sound has changed over the years from being heavily grunged influenced to an industrial rock sound to now a more hard rock sound. The songs now are anthems that come at you with force and usually a powerful message. They are a a Christian rock band who have crossed-over and are now delivering the message to people that don’t know they are getting something positive along with their rock. Great stuff.
- Tenth Avenue North – No Shame – (Provident Label Group): Another Christian band, but more on the lighter side with being pop melodies and great vocals. If you need something positive, but don’t want the heavy, this is for you. For those days I need a pick me-up, these guys can deliver.
- Berlin – Transcendance – (Heavensake Media): Okay, this one is out of pure curiosity. The 80’s new wave, electronic band that brought is “Metro” and “Take My Breath Away” are still putting out music. I want to hear this to see what they can bring to the table some 35+ years later. Can Terri Nunn still deliver the goods? From what I hear below…yes…yes she can!!!
And all the rest…
- Bad Omens – Finding God Before God Finds Me – (Sumerian Records)
- Volbeat – Rewind, Replay, Rebound – (Universal)
- Saxon – The Eagle Has Landed 40 (Live) – (Silver Lining Music)
- Yes – 50 Live – (Rhino Entertainment)
- Credence Clearwater Revival – Live at Woodstock – (Craft Recordings)
- Tyler Childers – Country Squire – (Hickman Holler Records)
- Ramin Karimloo – From Now On – (Sony Music)
4 thoughts on “Friday New Releases – August 2nd”
Nothing here John!
Notice this must be Saxons 75th live album that they have released. I will add that the original Eagle Has Landed from 1982 is a great live album!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good to know on the Saxon. And you are right, not much here this week.
Enjoy the Kiss show!
LikeLiked by 2 people
I am excited to see the Final show for me. Lots of great memories with Kiss.
LikeLiked by 1 person