Happy Friday. This is the last Friday New Release update of the year. The next two weeks might have some new releases but nothing on my radar.
This week’s list is very limited as well. The only one worth writing home about is the 40th Anniversary of Rush’s classic album 2112. Outside of that I might listen to the Bon Jovi live album (won’t buy it) and I will always listen to anything Tony Bennett. See if there is anything you are interested in hearing.
- Rush – 2112 (40th Anniversary) – (Mercury Records): Hard to believe it has been 40 years since this album came out. Amazing. And I am getting old. It will be great to go back and listen to this amazing classic. If you have 20 minutes to kill, check out the video.
- Bon Jovi – This House Is Not For Sale (Live from the London Palladium) – (Captain Kidd Corp.): Not sure I understand the concept of releasing alive album a little over a month after your latest studio album. But then again, not sure I understand Bon Jovi anymore. The new album is rough at best (see review here). I will give it a listen, but probably won’t be buying as I mentioned earlier.
- Tony Bennett – Tony Bennett Celebrates 90 – (Columbia): Tony Bennett is a legend and I can’t believe he is 90 and still going strong. He is the essence of cool and pure class. Happy Birthday Mr. Bennett!!
- Kid Cudi – Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’ – (Republic Records)
- Armored Saint – Carpe Noctum (Live) – (Metal Blade Records)
- Puscifer – Money Shot Your Re Load – (Puscifer Entertainment)
- Brad Paisley – Life Amplified World Tour: Live from WVU – (City Drive Films)