Happy Friday!! Quite a few I am interested to listen to this week. Not sure how much merit they have, but I still want to give a listen. There is a little something for everyone as there is rock, country, pop, hip hop and even a TV show soundtrack. I hope there is something for you. I have quite a few I want to at least give one listen to just to try it out and those will be highlighted in Blue, as usual.
- Harem Scarem – United – (Frontiers Records Srl): This Toronto, Canada band is out with yet another release just three years after their last one. I believe this is number 14 or 15, I have lost count they have so many. Down here in the U.S., they are not a household name mainly because they came out as this type of music was killed off by Grunge. If you haven’t heard of them, check them out as I am sure they have something you will like. I only discovered them about 10+ years ago and I am so glad I did. I now have every album and even some rarer ones. I can’t wait for this one and haven’t heard any song yet as I want to hear it all at once. They video below is posted without me even viewing it first.
- Zac Brown Band – Welcome Home – (Elektra Records): I am not a huge country fan and find myself criticizing a lot of the current country cowboys that are there as they are are too polished and songs are pure and utter crap. Zac Brown is so not that for me. He is what I do like about country. I am eager to hear this one.
- Harry Styles – Harry Styles – (Erksine Records): All you One Direction fans look out. Harry Styles is set to release his first solo album. I have heard the first song because of my daughters…really that is why. I actually liked it as it was so NOT One Direction. I will listen to this since it is something my kids will listen to and sadly, I will probably like it if the first song is any indication of what is to come. Don’t judge me!!! Oh yeah, is this not the worst album cover…man what were you thinking!!
- Seether – Poison the Parish – (Concord Music Group): After Harry, I am going to need to some heavy metal music and Seether should fit the bill. I am a fan so this one is really a no-brainer for me. Might be a good driving album for me.
- Warrant – Louder Harder Faster – (Frontiers Records Srl): I know Warrant can’t have Jani Lane back and I have accepted that as he has died. I haven’t given them a listen since, but maybe I will see what this incarnation of the band has to offer.
- Inglorious – II – (Frontiers Records Srl): I really know nothing of this band, but like the cover. Also, it is Frontiers and they usually deliver quality bands and music. So why not!!
- Snakecharmer – Second Skin – (Frontiers Records Srl): Snakecharmer is comprised of members of the bands Whitesnake (Neil Murray), Ozzy (Andy Wakeman), Wishbone Ash (Laurie Wisefield), Thunder (Harry James), Heartland (Chris Ousey) and Simon McBride. I figure these are some talented musicians so why not give it a listen. We will see.
- Royal Hunt – Live – (Frontiers Records Srl)
- Paramore – After Laughter – (Atlantic Recordings)
- Juanes – Mis Planes son Amarte – (Universal)
- Todd Rundgren – White Knight – (Cleopatra)
- Dan Folgelberg – Live at Carnegie Hall – (Nether Lands Recordings)
- B.o.B. – Ether – (No Genre / Empire)
- Machine Gun Kelly – Bloom – (Bad Boy / Interscope)
- New Kids on the Block – Thankful E.P. – (NKOTB Music, Inc.)
- Bob’s Burger – The Bob’s Burger Music Album – (Sub Pop Records)
7 thoughts on “Friday New Releases – May 12th”
Some interesting releases there, but a few jumped out.
Starting with B.o.B! I’d forgotten all about him. I’d picked up the Bobby Ray album years ago, but didn’t really think that much of it. Never quite lived up to the potential.
Zac Brown Band just didn’t do much for me, I’m afraid. Not the shiny country pop that Nashville churns out, but I’ve yet to be convinced by him / them.
Zac’s last one wasn’t a favorite of mine. Hoping for something better this time. I am afraid he is going too pop country. The Harem Scarem album is incredible.
I forgot to mention that I was a bit interested in that one, too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Don’t apologize for liking Harry Styles. I’m over worrying what others think of my music tastes. So many people love to denigrate pop artists, but if their songs sound good, who cares? I railed against Taylor Swift after her release of “1989” only to discover that a lot of ‘cool’ artists liked her stuff.
I’m surprised a Dan Fogelberg album is being released.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks. Not really worried. Said it more as a joke. If I was worried I wouldn’t even have mentioned it. I like what I like no matter what someone may think. Doesn’t really embarrass me anymore. Thanks.
LikeLiked by 1 person