Are things heating up for you? Well, the new releases are heating up! Okay, maybe they are lukewarm; however, there are a few worth checking out and mine will be in Blue. Let me what you are looking forward to hearing. There are live albums, Blues, Pop, Rock and electronica…something for everyone. If you like 90’s artists, there a several back this week that might be worth at least a stream or two. Have a great weekend!!
- The Darkness – Live at Hammersmith – (Canary Dwarf Ltd): The 80’s Hair Metal throwback band are back with a live album and wasn’t that what we were waiting to hear! This might be first up on the stereo today for me. These guys would have been huge in the 80’s!! Turn it up because I Believe In a Thing Called “Live”…see what I did there!! Here is the original video as I didn’t see a live one for this release.
- Mike Shinoda – Post Traumatic – (Warner Bros): The co-lead singer of Linkin Park is set for his first solo release and his first music since Chester Bennington’s passing. As a fan of Linkin Park this is a no-brainer. I am really interested to see where he takes it and how he responds to Chester’s death. It should be a great release.
- Christina Aguilera – Liberation – (RCA Records): I was never a massive Christina fan, but there is no denying the woman has some vocal chops. I am interested to see what a more mature Christina has to bring to the table. I will give it a listen, she has earned that.
Now here are a couple 90’s artists making a comeback…yes, I will stream these!
- Gin Blossoms – Mixed Reality – (Cleopatra Records)
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – While We’re At It – (Big Rig Records)
And the rest…
- The Gaslight Anthem – The ’59 Sounds Sessions – (SideOne Dummy Records)
- Lizzy Borden – My Midnight Things – (Metal Blade Records)
- Buddy Guy – The Blues Is Alive and Well – (RCA)
- Mayday Parade – Sunnyland – (Rise Records)
- Nick Lowe – Tokyo Bay / Crying Inside E.P. – (Yep Roc Records)
- Chromeo – Head Over Heals – (Room Service)
- The English Beat – Here We Go Love – (Here We Go Love LLC)