Have a seat and prepare to stay awhile. There are a ton of releases this week and the most we have had on the list in quite awhile. A lot of these are throwback artist that have been around a very long time and it is awesome to get some new releases from them even if there are some greatest hit type packages. My favorites are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!!
- Tom Petty – An American Treasure – (Reprise Records) – From the press release…The 60-track set unveils dozens of previously unreleased recordings, alternate versions of classic songs, rarities, historic live performances and deep tracks that spotlight Tom’s remarkable depth and evolution as a revered and tremendously influential songwriter, recording artist and performer. An American Treasure marks the first release of Tom Petty music since the artist’s tragic passing in October 2017. I don’t think I can add to that.
- Billy Idol – Vital Idol: Revitalized – (Capitol Records): I love Billy Idol and not sure I need another Vital Idol, but if it is as creative and good as the first, than this will be a nice addition. Plus it has a remix of “Save Me Now” which is one of my favorite Idol songs. I will get this one. I didn’t see a video, so here is Save Me Now (Original).
- Rod Stewart – Blood Red Roses – (Republic Records): Rod Stewart…what else do you need to know. He could sing the phone book and I would be fine with that. This is his 30th Studio Album…dang that is a lot.
- Phil Collins – Plays Well With Others – (Rhino Entertainment): This is a really cool collection. It is all the songs that Phil has played on or sang on with other artists. And it is quite a collection of 59 songs. Here is Frida’s “I Know There is Something Going On” with Phil’s signature drum sound.
- Dynazty – Firesign – (AFM Records): I kinda like this Swedish rock band and now they are on their 6th album. The Swedes have been carrying the flame for rock for years and they have produced so many rock bands and that is one country where Rock is NOT DEAD!!
And there a so many more…too many to get through in one week or hell, one month. I hope there is something for you.
- Alcatrazz – Live in Japan 1984: Complete Edition – (Ward Records)
- Mudhoney – Digital Garbage – (Sub Pop Records)
- Pixies – Come on Pilgrim…It’s Surfer Rose – (4AD)
- Jon Batiste – Hollywood Africans – (Verve Label Group)
- Loretta Lynn – Wouldn’t It Be Great – (Sony Legacy)
- Cher – Dancing Queen – (Warner Bros)
- Aretha Franklin – The Atlantic Singles Collection (1967-1970) – (Rhino)
- Elevation Worship – Hallelujah Here Below – (Elevation Church)
- Cypress Hill – Elephants on Acid – (BMG)
- John Butler Trio – Home – (Nettwerk Records)
- Beartooth – Disease – (Red Bull Records)