Another month has come to a close and another Friday of not a lot of releases. It has been an incredibly slow start for me this year. There has only been a few I have liked so far and have had any interest in. This week is no different. There are a couple I will try (highlighted in Blue), but nothing I am super excited about, hopefully that will change once I hear it. So, sit back and go through the list and let me know if there is anything interesting for you. Also, let me know what I missed on the list so everybody can know. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Five Finger Death Punch – F8 – (Better Noise Music): I am not overly excited about this one. They are kind of like the Nickelback of heavy metal music and my interest has waned over the years. However, I will give it a try as usually I get a couple songs worth keeping and adding to a playlist. I like to think of them as tough sounding music to make you feel like a badass even though you are not…that is me in a nutshell!!
- The Classic Crime – Patterns in the Static – (Criminal Records): An alternative rock band that gets lumped in to the Christian label because they were signed to Tooth & Nail label which is mostly Christian acts. They are more a pop/rock band than anything…no real label. Always some solid stuff so this will get a spin…or two!!
And that is it for me. Here are the rest…I hope you find something.
- Wishbone Ash – Coat of Arms – (Steamhammer)
- James Taylor – American Standard – (Fantasy Records/Concord)
- The Allman Brothers Band – Trouble No More (50th Anniversary) – (Mercury / UMG)
- Lisa Loeb – A Simple Trick to Happiness – (Furious Rose Productions)
- Four Year Strong – Brain Pain – (Pure Noise Records)
- Robert Cray – That’s What I Heard – (Nozzle Records / Thirty Tigers)
- Midland – Live from the Palomino – (Big Machine)