Alright…You Picked It! And this one was probably the closest one yet. It wasn’t until Uncle Meat Cast his vote that we had a winner as I was sitting with a three way tie at first . The one you picked was Joni Mitchell’s album “Blue” which I had never heard before. The votes were as follows:
- Joni Mitchell – ‘Blue’ – 6 votes
- Ozzy Ozbourne – “Bark at the Moon’ – 5 votes
- Phil Collins – “Face Value’ – 5 votes
- Outkast – ‘Stankonia’ – 4 votes
- Durbin – ‘The Beast Awakens’ – 4 Votes
Thanks to all for participating. The April choices will be up on Saturday!
Joni Mitchell – ‘Blue’ (1971):
You people are not making my life easy by picking some of the most famous albums of all time for me to review. It puts so much pressure on me for two reasons. One, if it is one of the greatest albums of all time, will I like it and if not, look like a fool for no. Two, with it being one of the greatest albums of all time, will my write-up do it any justice. Can it live up to those standards. I know it is my fault because I have been putting them on the list and I do enjoy stretching outside the box to do the best I can on these reviews. But it is exhausting at the same time. Enough complaining, on to the review.
Continue reading “You Picked It! – Joni Mitchell – “Blue” – Album Review”
Another month has come to a close and another Friday of not a lot of releases. It has been an incredibly slow start for me this year. There has only been a few I have liked so far and have had any interest in. This week is no different. There are a couple I will try (highlighted in Blue), but nothing I am super excited about, hopefully that will change once I hear it. So, sit back and go through the list and let me know if there is anything interesting for you. Also, let me know what I missed on the list so everybody can know. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Five Finger Death Punch – F8 – (Better Noise Music): I am not overly excited about this one. They are kind of like the Nickelback of heavy metal music and my interest has waned over the years. However, I will give it a try as usually I get a couple songs worth keeping and adding to a playlist. I like to think of them as tough sounding music to make you feel like a badass even though you are not…that is me in a nutshell!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 28th”
- The Classic Crime – Patterns in the Static – (Criminal Records): An alternative rock band that gets lumped in to the Christian label because they were signed to Tooth & Nail label which is mostly Christian acts. They are more a pop/rock band than anything…no real label. Always some solid stuff so this will get a spin…or two!!
Things might finally start heating up. No, not the weather it has been pretty damn hot for awhile. I am talking about new releases. What has felt as a pretty lackluster year so far in new releases, maybe it is time for some good ones to start coming out. I have 2 this week, one of which is on pre-order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. My choices this week are marked in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!!!
- Scott Stapp – The Space Between the Shadows – (Napalm Records): The former lead singer of Creed and the very short stint with Art of Anarchy, Scott comes back with his third solo album. It has been 6 years since the sensational ‘Proof of Life’, so high expectations for me as that is a favorite. I have the vinyl on order and can’t wait to drop the needle. The opening single, “Purpose of Pain” is great so this should be another homerun.
- Through Fire – All Animal – (Sumerian Records): Justin McCain, lead singer of Emphatic, is on his second band and second album with Through Fire’s new album ‘All Animal’. The first was a heavy dose of rock that is right up my alley. Looking for more of the same and will be cranking this one up pretty damn loud!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 19th”