Alright…You Picked It! It was the closest battle yet and here it is. The one you picked was The Beach Boys – “Pet Sounds”. The votes were as follows:
- The Beach Boys – ‘Pet Sounds’ – 5 votes
- Miley Cyrus – ‘Plastic Hearts’ – 4 votes
- John Coltrane – ‘A Love Supreme’ – 3 votes
- Rage Against the Machine – ‘Renegade’ – 2 votes
- B-52’s – ‘Cosmic Thing’ – 2 Votes
Thanks to all for participating. The February choices will be up on Saturday!
THE BEACH BOYS – ‘PET SOUNDS’ (1966):
I will be honest, this is a daunting task to review an album that is so loved by critics and the world. It has been listed as one of the greatest albums of all time. No pressure at all to review this. When you start researching the album, there are pages upon pages of information and every aspect of the album and at times it is overwhelming. As a result, there is no way I am going to summarize any history and go in to much detail about the making of the album and all the nuances of it either. We are going to just dive on in to the music and what I felt overall about the album. Otherwise, this could easily hit 10,000 words or more and I am not up for that and neither are you.
Continue reading “You Picked It!! – The Beach Boys – “Pet Sounds” – Album Review”
Things might finally start heating up. No, not the weather it has been pretty damn hot for awhile. I am talking about new releases. What has felt as a pretty lackluster year so far in new releases, maybe it is time for some good ones to start coming out. I have 2 this week, one of which is on pre-order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. My choices this week are marked in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!!!
- Scott Stapp – The Space Between the Shadows – (Napalm Records): The former lead singer of Creed and the very short stint with Art of Anarchy, Scott comes back with his third solo album. It has been 6 years since the sensational ‘Proof of Life’, so high expectations for me as that is a favorite. I have the vinyl on order and can’t wait to drop the needle. The opening single, “Purpose of Pain” is great so this should be another homerun.
- Through Fire – All Animal – (Sumerian Records): Justin McCain, lead singer of Emphatic, is on his second band and second album with Through Fire’s new album ‘All Animal’. The first was a heavy dose of rock that is right up my alley. Looking for more of the same and will be cranking this one up pretty damn loud!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 19th”