Another week has passed and another week impacted by Covid-19 as many releases scheduled for today originally are now later in the year. A few brave souls have stuck to their guns and are releasing their albums still to our enjoyment. As the U.S. is slowly opening back up and some stores are open again, we will see how things go. I won’t be venturing out as much at first, but I need to hit a record store soon as the shakes are starting to get bad. Withdrawal sucks!! Until then, my choice for this week is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you like or anything I may have missed. Thanks and have a great week.
- Colton Dixon – Colton Dixon E.P. – (Atlantic Recording): Christian pop artist Colton Dixon is finally back after the stellar album from 2017, Identity. That is a high mark to beat so I will be happy if he is anywhere near the greatness of that one. Sadly, this is only an E.P….give us a full album soon Mr. Dixon!!! Please!!!
And that is it for me. The rest has some promising stuff and maybe the Jason Isbell will get listened to, we will wait and see…
- Asking Alexandria – Like a House On Fire – (Sumerian Records) – Digital Only – physical copy June 26th
- Paradise Lost – Obsidian – (Nuclear Blast)
- Firewind – Firewind – (AFM Records)
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Units – Reunions – (Southeastern Records / Thirty Tigers)
- Willie Nile – New York At Night – (River House Records)
- King Diamond – The Eye – (Metal Blade Records)