I can’t believe June is now over. When the Covid-19 stay at home orders started, the days creeped on by and first and then when we got in to a routine, they started flying and now we are over 3 months later and time seems to be going faster. At least we aren’t on stay at home orders anymore. Enough babble, we have to get to the main point of this post…the new releases that are out. There are not a lot of choices today as Covid strikes again with several releases being moved til later (thank you Kansas and Neon Trees). I’m really only interested in one and curious in another. There are in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if I missed anything that should be noted. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Will Hoge – Tiny Little Movies – (Edlo Records / Thirty Tigers): I discovered Will on his second album back in 2003 and was instantly blown away. He has certainly grown since then and is one hell of a story teller. His protest songs are amazing and the musicianship is outstanding as well. Basically, he can do no wrong. Any new music from him is welcomed with open ears!! If you like country flavors with a little rock and folk, then grab this one now. This ain’t your bro-country and thank God for that!!
- Grey Daze – Amends – (Loma Vista / Concord Records): Chester Bennington is back from beyond. This was a project of Chester and I believe it was his first band. They were able to finish the album with Chester’s vocals and I have liked what I’ve heard so far. He is missed!!
And all the rest…
- Ray LaMontagne – Monovision – (Stone Dwarf / RCA)
- CeeLo Green – CeeLo Green is Thomas Callaway – (BMG Rights Mgmt)
- Brian McKnight – Exodus – (The Sono Recording Group): This is digital only today and CD will be out next week.
- Depeche Mode – Live Spirits Soundtrack – (Venus Note / Columbia / Sony)
- HAIM – Women in Music Pt. III – (Columbia Records)
- James Blunt – Once Upon A Mind (Time Suspended Edition) – (Atlantic / Warner)
- Krhuangbin – Mordechai – (Dead Oceans / Night Time Stories)