Welcome to the First February Friday of the month. There are a handful of releases this week and I am sure you will find something. There are two this week that are of interest although no purchases will be made unless they are great. Apple Music will be my choice of streaming platforms for those two albums and they are highlighted in Blue. What are you interested in this week? What have I missed? Let me know in the comments your thoughts on the releases. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!
- Foo Fighters – Medicine at Midnight – (Roswell Records / RCA): I will admit, I am kinda burnt on Foo Fighters and have been for years. I don’t feel they have been as strong as of late and I got a little Dave Grohl overload over the years. But I will give this a listen as I do all their albums as Dave has earned that respect.
- Todd La Torre – Rejoice in the Suffering – (Rat Pak Records): The current lead singer of Queensryche is finally tackling his first solo album and I think that is great. I hope it doesn’t sound anything like Queensryche because then what would’ve been the point of doing a solo album. I am not a huge fan of his version of the band, but he is a great singer and does an amazing job with them so I will give this a try.
And all the rest….
- Stave – Good Woman – (Atlantic Records / Warner)
- The Weather Station – Ignorance – (Fat Possum)
- The Prog Collective – Worlds On Hold – (Purple Pyramid)
- John Carpenter – Lost Themes III: Alive After Death – (Sacred Bones)
- Nancy Sinatra – Start Walkin’ 1965-1976 – (Boots Enterprises)
- Transatlantic – The Absolute Universe: Forevermore – (Century Media)
- Transatlantic – The Absolute Universe: The Breath of Life – (Century Media)
- Cult of Luna – The Raging River – (Cult of Luna)
- Black Coffee – Subconsciously – (Ultra Records)
- Dusty Springfield – The Complete Atlantic Singles: 1968-1971 – (Real Gone Music)