There are a ton of new releases today. But most of them I am just so, so about. Hopefully there are some on here you like and maybe some you might try just for fun.
These are the ones I am interested in listening to either because I am a fan or just out of curiosity. However, since there are so many it could be a long while before I get around to hearing some of these. I will bold in blue the ones I will definitely be listening to over the next week.
- Meghan Trainor – Thank You – (Epic) – My kids like listening to her and her first single “No” was actually kind of catchy. Idoubt there is anythign on here that my kids can’t listen to but I will listen to it anyway just to make sure.
- Jennifer Nettles – Playing With Fire – (Big Machine) – I love Sugarland and I love Jennifer Nettles. This is the only album this week I could say I am actually excited about. I can’t get enough of her voice. The first single “Unlove You” is too good not to show the video.
- Ted Poley – Beyond the Fade – (Frontiers Music Sri) – Ted Poley was the lead singer of Danger Danger and I really enjoyed his songs with the band. His solo career on the other hand has been hit or miss. Not sure what to expect but ready to listen.
- Sunstorm – Edge of Tomorrow – (Frontiers Music Sri) – Sunstorm is now on their fourth album. The lead singer is Joe Lynn Turner and music fans should know that voice. I am looking forward to hear what they have in store for this release.
- Sawyer Fredericks – A Good Storm – (Republic) – Sawyer was on the Voice and won it around this time last year. He is finally releasing his debut album on a major record label. He was very interesting to watch on the show and he had a folk singer vibe going. Curious to see what he comes up with on this release.
- 3OH!3 – Night Sports – (WEA/Fueled by Ramen)
- Corinne Bailey Rae – The Heart Speaks in Whispers – (Virgin)
- Pierce the Veil – Misadventures – (Fearless Records)
- Mark Knopfler & Evelyn Glennie – Altamira – (Verve)
- Foy Vance – The Wild Swan – (New Elektra)
- New Order – Complete Music – (Mute)