It has been an incredibly busy week and I am looking forward to some new music. Friday’s new releases have some good choices to try. See if there is anything that excites you. My top choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Paul Gilbert – I Can Destroy – (Pronghorn) – The former lead guitarist for Racer X and the Mr. Big lead guitarist releases his latest solo album I Can Destroy. The first 2 songs I have heard rock out hard and his guitar work is amazing.
- Lacuna Coil – Delirium – (Century Media) – The singing duo of Andrea Ferro and Cristina Scabbia bring us more of their dark and definitely heavy music. Off what I have heard so far, they seem to be getting heavier. I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store.
- Dierks Bentley – Black – (Capitol Nashville) – This is his 8th studio album. Not a huge fan, but I will give it a listen. I just feel like country music is missing something. Too many artists that look the same and everything sounds the same. They need someone to shake it up and I am sure this won’t be it.
- The Monkees – Good Times! – (Rhino) – As a fan of the early Monkees (the TV show days), I haven’t found much I enjoy from them afterwards. I will give it a listen anyway. I heard there is a song on the album with the late Davy Jones singing, I hope that is the case. Hard to believe it has been 50 years of the Monkees.
- My Morning Jacket – It Still Moves – (ATO Records)
- Thrice – To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere – (Vagrant Records)
- Motorhead – Clean Your Clock – (UDR)
- Death Angel – The Evil Divide – (Nuclear Blast America)
- Miles Davis & Robert Glasper – Everything’s Beautiful – (Sony Legacy)