We are to the end of our first month and the new releases have been a little limited and nothing that jumps out as blowing me away yet (but since I wrote this before the January 24th releases have come out, there could have been something out then, but the only one I want is Revolution Saints so we will see). This week has a lot of releases and a little something for everyone…but me really. You get pop, metal, rock, indie, christian, jazz and country, so a bit of everything. I hope there is something for you. Mine are normally highlighted in Blue, but there is nothing I am running out and getting this week. I need to save money so that is a good thing.
- Theory of a Deadman – Say Nothing – (Roadrunner Records) – A Canadian rock band sign to Chad Kroeger’s record label…enough said…or the less said the better…either way.
- Dashboard Confessional – The Best Ones of the Best Ones – (Hidden Note AWAL) – Were they emo, indie, alt rock??? I am not sure…all of the above. This is a greatest hits album and if you are a casual fan, then this would be great place to begin.
- Joseph – The Sessions: Vol. 1 E.P. – (ATO Records): This trio are really talented. I saw them open for James Bay and they sounded amazing. Great harmonies and really fantastic. Not my cup of tea normally, but worth a shot.
- Louis Tomlinson – Walls – (78 Productions LTD / Simco / Sony): The guy from One Direction…okay, one of the guys. Need I say more??
And all the rest….
- We are Messengers – Power – (Curb / Word Entertainment)
- Clint Lowery – God Bless the Renegades – (Rise Records)
- Lordi – Killelection – (AFM Records)
- Serenity – The Last Knight – (Napalm Records)
- Marc Almond – Chaos and a Dancing Star – (BMG Rights)
- Gary Moore – Live from London – (Mascot Label Group)
- Drive-By Truckers – The Unraveling – (ATO Records)
- Matt Redman – Let There Be Wonder (Live) – (Integrity Music)
- Joey Alexander – Warna – (Verve Records)
- Meghan Trainor – Treat Myself – (Epic Records / Sony)