The second Friday in to May and more bands have moved their releases to later in the year. Covid-19 is taking its toll on music for sure. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any brave artists still willing to dare release an able in these times. I salute you and since there is been so little out the last few weeks, I am will to try a few this week. I will highlight those in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you and what I missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Butch Walker – American Love Story – (Ruby Red Records): Singer/Songwriter/Rocker/Producer – jack of all trades, Butch is back with another solo album. His resume is pretty impressive and I think he had been working with Matt Nathanson lately, who I love, so Butch will get a listen.
- Fake Names – Fake Names – (Epitath): Punk rock supergroup Fake Names – which includes Brian Baker (Minor Threat, Dag Nasty, Bad Religion), Michael Hampton (S.O.A., Embrace, One Last Wish), Dennis Lyxzén (Refused, International Noise Conspiracy, INVSN), and Johnny Temple (Girls Against Boys, Soulside)…yeah, this line-up is worth a spin.
- Mark Lanegan – Straight Songs of Sorrow – (Heavenly Recordings): Vocalist of the Screaming Trees is bring us his next solo album. I’m not really familiar with, but the album cover makes me think this is going to be great. I’m going to give it a try. And from what I’ve heard below, it just might be that.
And the rest….
- Axel Rudi Pell – Sign of the Times – (Steamhammer)
- The Black Moods – Sunshine – (Steelhorse Entertainment)
- Hayley Williams – Petals for Armor – (Atlantic)